• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing/Snowbarding related giveaways, drawing, or sweepstakes

dlague

Seems like the past few years we have been bombarded with giveaways, drawing, or sweepstakes for ski trips, hard gear, soft gear, seasons passes, and more. I used to put my hat in on these for the fun of it figuring - what if! Now I hate these, because we all know it is about email lists resulting in Inbox overload. It is made even worse with Google Ads and Facebook Ads that put these in your face because they know so much about your interests based on internet use.

I can honestly say, I have never known anyone to win in my circles, but has any one ever won on this forum? Or do you not bother with these campaigns? I seem a couple posted in the Skiing on the Cheap thread from time to time.

Here is another example

http://freeskier.com/stories/we-tea...ail&utm_term=0_c7cc6107e6-2cfedc56e9-37662985

Puck it

Seems like the past few years we have been bombarded with giveaways, drawing, or sweepstakes for ski trips, hard gear, soft gear, seasons passes, and more. I used to put my hat in on these for the fun of it figuring - what if! Now I hate these, because we all know it is about email lists resulting in Inbox overload. It is made even worse with Google Ads and Facebook Ads that put these in your face because they know so much about your interests based on internet use.

I can honestly say, I have never known anyone to win in my circles, but has any one ever won on this forum? Or do you not bother with these campaigns? I seem a couple posted in the Skiing on the Cheap thread from time to time.

Here is another example

http://freeskier.com/stories/we-tea...ail&utm_term=0_c7cc6107e6-2cfedc56e9-37662985
maxresdefault.jpg

Tin

252.jpg

chuckstah

Here is another example

I won an all expense (except booze) paid ski vacation for 2 to Keystone in 1984 (or so). Catch was it had to be taken off season. I ended up taking a friend, and two more friends bought flights and crammed into our room at Keystone Lodge (great 4 or 5 star property at the time). Went last week of October into first week of Nov, the latest week allowed. It pounded snow the whole trip with several feet falling. Abay was open, and Keystone opened lots of terrain while we were there. Best early skiing ever! Kicker was I won $1000 on a one dollar scratch ticket a few days before going. Party money! Great trip, and I haven't ever won a thing since.

jimk

Great trip, and I haven't ever won a thing since.

Nice! You used up about 30 years of lucky mojo on that one. But you're due again now! :wink:

Old school wins: I won a pair of skis back in the 70s at a ski shop drawing. I won a weekend ski trip for the family to WV about 15 years ago when I put my business card in a fish bowl drawing at a preseason ski show. Had a good time.

cdskier

My dad won a Killian's Snowboard when I was a kid. He'd drink at the bar while me, my brother and sister were skiing at night and got entries into the drawing for every beer he had.

I won a week for 2 at the Club Med Copper Mtn more than 15 years ago selling 3COM Network cards, a lot of them!

darent

I won a 3 night stay at Breckenridge. but you had to go to a condo selling bit and take a tour. said no thanks

DoublePlanker

I won the big air drawing grand prize from skinh last year (the big air at fenway.) I only filled out online and gave e-mail. 4 lift tix to 3 ski 93 areas + 2 helmets + some midweek lodging. The conditions sucked but I used every ticket except 2 as Waterville closed.

It forced me to take my toddler when it was just spring conditions. Quite challenging on beginner terrain with spring conditions. But we had a blast. So that was the best prize.

dlague

I won the big air drawing grand prize from skinh last year (the big air at fenway.) I only filled out online and gave e-mail. 4 lift tix to 3 ski 93 areas + 2 helmets + some midweek lodging. The conditions sucked but I used every ticket except 2 as Waterville closed.

It forced me to take my toddler when it was just spring conditions. Quite challenging on beginner terrain with spring conditions. But we had a blast. So that was the best prize.
That is awesome!
I think a lot of people won that, a really hard sell over the phone, probably got my name from the ski Boston show along with thousands of others.
Ski show for sure!

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
A ways back in 2005 I entered a WildSnow drawing for a pair of Scarpa AT ski boots. In the meantime Verizon dumped the landline phone and DSL biz so FairPoint took over. It disrupted my email something fierce. I never got the email notification that I'd won! In July my wife asks me if I'd won a pair of ski boots after she Googled my name and the Congrats on WildSnow came up. By the time I called Scarpa about they'd given the boots to someone else. :sadwalk: