• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A Bloggers View Of Wachusett Night Skiing

tmcc71

I cant stand the blogger

If she compares a New England mountain to Europe one more time i'm going to scream. All I have to say about bloggers can be summed up in the photo.

ok, im unable to attatch an image of the pic I wanted. Why do i need a URL of my pic?

Last edited:

Black Phantom

You think you guys are a little sensitive? this is some broads online diary for sh*ts sake.

Undo the wedgie.

I hope she makes a trip to Sundown... I'd love to read the review.

bvibert

Staff member
Clearly she doesn't know anything about skiing, but is trying hard to make it seem like she does.

Who the hell compares the skiing in the NE USA to the Alps??? :-?

Black Phantom

Response to our ole billski

If she compares a New England mountain to Europe one more time i'm going to scream. All I have to say about bloggers can be summed up in the photo.

ok, im unable to attatch an image of the pic I wanted. Why do i need a URL of my pic?

Meredith responds to billski's sharp criticism:

Meredith says

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the comment. Someone on Universal Hub claimed that Wachusett was losing money, but I agree with you… Wachusett has to be making an absolute mint. If Wachusett couldn’t turn a profit, then no ski area could ever hope to remain solvent.

I have been downhill skiing for less than a year, so experience-wise, I still consider myself a beginner. Then again, I’ve been avidly XC skiing for about 5 years, so that really honed my balance, and I’ve got a good Alpine technique thanks to two great teachers. Plus, as I mentioned, even the bunny hills in the Alps are difficult, so a weeklong ski vacation there is essentially ski bootcamp. (Not to mention the skis that I learned to ski on were 175cm, which nobody bothered to tell me were, like, expert-length for my build).

See, I’m not very savvy about skiing. I always assumed that trails are Black because people die on them. ;-)

Every skier I’ve talked to have a different “favorite” ski area. It’s funny that there is no universal favorite. But I’ve never heard anyone say “I love Wachusett, it’s my favorite!” It’s more like “Wachusetts is good in a pinch.”

2knees

fishing.JPG

evil

Brooklyn and http://ericvogelphoto.com/main.php
HA!
She is a pompous snobby tool with her head far up europe's a$$ and an annoying husband to top it all off, but you have to admit, her overly dramatic upper crust rantings are written so darn entertaining!
I wish she would do a tour of my favorite places, would LOVE to see the write up!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I "chatted" with her over on her blog. If you replace the word "pompous" with "ignorant" you'd have a better characterization. She just has too little of the world to compare against, and she made a lot of rash assumptions about the sport that can be characterized as ignorance.

Now, you can still beat her up over drawing far reaching assumptions based on her limited knowledge if you want.

Black Phantom

I "chatted" with her over on her blog. If you replace the word "pompous" with "ignorant" you'd have a better characterization. She just has too little of the world to compare against, and she made a lot of rash assumptions about the sport that can be characterized as ignorance.

Now, you can still beat her up over drawing far reaching assumptions based on her limited knowledge if you want.

You are quite a diplomatic enforcer! :flag:

I loved your write up of BH. I love strait lining down the middle of the front trail on my bike.

evil

Brooklyn and http://ericvogelphoto.com/main.php
She emailed me and asked why I spoke so poorly of her on this site, little miss thing is also not adverse to getting dirt under her nails when dealing with us "downhiller's" as evidence of the f-bombs she tossed around.
Hmmmm, you go girl.
I still maintain that she is a pretty darn good writer though.