• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skye Peak lift evacuation

jaybird

Skye Peak stalled this afternoon.
Involved a full evacuation of those ascending from Bear Mountain.
Did not restart ... doesn't bode well for Saturday at the Mighty Beast.

Thank you for your understanding.

SkiRay

We skied Bear yesterday for a couple of laps - the bumps were tough as nails though a bit creamy at the bottom. We found that the best runs were all upper mountain.. Double Dipper was nice, Cascade, Super Star and Skylark all skied nicely too.

A few of the park guys we know were skiing Ramshead when lighting hit that lift too. Then it poured a huge amount in a short period of time. Still, we are deeply impressed with what the team at Killington produced and the lifts were essentially ski on and off.

bdfreetuna

Would not want to get stuck on that lift near the top. That's one of those lifts I hesitate to raise the bar on a windy day. Like Blues Traveler says, it's a long long long long long way to fall.

SkiRay

Would not want to get stuck on that lift near the top. That's one of those lifts I hesitate to raise the bar on a windy day. Like Blues Traveler says, it's a long long long long long way to fall.

Oh yes it is a long way down for sure. I have to explain to them that this may happen to them one day.

manhattanskier

Website
www.patriotbrass.org
The seats on that lift are way too slippery, it is the only lift in a long time I have fallen while loading due to my ass literally slipping off due to precipitation and the soft slippery angle of the seat. I always wait for the net at the end before I raise the bar...