• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Slaying my front yard

Euler

Had family visiting this weekend which gave me a good excuse to avoid the crowds at the resorts. Took my XCD skis up and down the mighty Putney Mountain, then finished with a couple of powder farming laps on the hillside across the street from my apartment. Had a blast!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392586860.325478.jpg

Glenn

Awesome! There's a good amount of snow in SoVT. We went snowshoeing yesterday, but had to cut it short because of the depth of snow. Easily up to your knees. And more on the way!

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app created by Dan Egan...who also invented the iPhone

Euler

Awesome! There's a good amount of snow in SoVT. We went snowshoeing yesterday, but had to cut it short because of the depth of snow. Easily up to your knees. And more on the way!

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app created by Dan Egan...who also invented the iPhone

You should check out the Putney mountain trail...it's a great short hike to a summit with awesome views. You get to it by taking bunker road north from dummerston the left on Putney mountain road. Park where the road ends. I think you'd love it.

Glenn

Nice! I'll have to check that out. That's not very far at all.

Looking at a map, that's somewhat near a hiking loop we do from our place. We actually end up on Holland Hill road (heading west) for a bit and we've passed a trail head that mentioned Putney Mountain. I imagine that trail must link with the other trail.