• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Smuggs crowds?

Birdman829

Hey guys. I've never been to Smuggs but I have a 2 for 1 coupon that a friend and I are thinking of using. How are the crowds at Smuggs typically on weekends like this? How well do they handle crowds? I was at Jay today and that place was friggin MOBBED. I don't want that again tomorrow. Thanks.

Zand

I can't imagine the double chairs go far to handle big crowds. The waits will probably be long.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Smuggs v. Jay

Smuggs is a destination resort for most people. We've skied weekends midwinter and found it moderately busy, with tolerable ~10 min lift lines over the last couple years. Jay is crazy on the weekend, lots of Montreallers day trippin'. Jay markets heavily to the Montreal market.

Birdman829

I did end up going to Smuggs yesterday and it wasn't that bad crowd wise. 10 minute lines maybe tapering off at the end of the day (got colder and was snowing pretty hard). Conditions were great though.