• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

benski

Yeah, that is true about bell. But the runs off the Tomahawk have little to no run out, and have pockets of trees, and bike trails to play in - obviously this is more interesting later int eh day tomorrow or saturday, as they are brown now.

Except on weekend when the gondola runs but not Tomahawk.

cdskier

Except on weekend when the gondola runs but not Tomahawk.

Do you mean on weekDAYs?

I thought they close the 7 lift on weekends, not the tomahawk? No?

As far as I know, Lift 7 and Tomahawk both run on the weekend. During the week they only run the Gondola and Superchief though and not the two upper mountain fixed grip chairs.

tnt1234

Do you mean on weekDAYs?

As far as I know, Lift 7 and Tomahawk both run on the weekend. During the week they only run the Gondola and Superchief though and not the two upper mountain fixed grip chairs.

Ah - got it.

GregoryIsaacs

Heres the real question.... Will a legit snow map that doesn't feature a 0-30" probability come out before the storm?

Jcb890

Nope, because with this storm, that 0-30" range could very well occur within 50 miles!!!!
Being the resident Mt. Snow expert - do you think they'll run the lifts tomorrow with those winds? Are we looking at lots of wind holds or only lower mountain lifts being open tomorrow?

bdfreetuna

Being the resident Mt. Snow expert - do you think they'll run the lifts tomorrow with those winds? Are we looking at lots of wind holds or only lower mountain lifts being open tomorrow?

I would probably start lapping the North Face if it gets windy... might be able to keep skiing longer as long as you don't leave the North Face

Jcb890

I would probably start lapping the North Face if it gets windy... might be able to keep skiing longer as long as you don't leave the North Face
Won't they just kick you off the North Face/close it down though? Otherwise people could keep skiing/riding down and getting stuck at the bottom during a wind hold.

drjeff

Predicted wind speeds and wind direction(s) make me think that summit access, via any of the options to get there, is going to be an issue for some, if not all day

I'm at home in CT until tomorrow afternoon when I'm supposed to head up, so I've got no skin in the powder game tomorrow... Just trying to give my honest opinion based on how lift ops at Mount Snow often are in the weather.

The Bluebird might be OK wind speed wise, it's going to be more about the wind direction is my hunch. Nor'easters are often wind hold issues for the Northface lifts is my experience.....

rocks860

Debating whether to buy my mount snow ticket on liftopia now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benski

Greek Peak? Is there anywhere even to stay around there?

Lots of condos and a large hotel. I think they went bankrupt a few years ago from building to many units. Also a lot of hotels in Binghamton and I know there are hotels in Ithaca. Probably hotels in cortlandt too.

Glenn

Winter Weather Advisory now issued for Eastern Windham County in SoVT....2-6". We'll see if any adjustments are made for the Southern Greens/Western Windham area.