• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow Gun Testing

dlague

It is finally here! Getting ready for snowmaking. Post pics or news of places firing up their guns. This is great stoke!

Attachments

• 1474507476734.jpg
    1474507476734.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 327

chuckstah

Watering the lawn? May have temps cold enough this weekend to blow some marketing snow/money in NNE.

leejoooo

our little hill watering the lawn monday

img.jpg

It is finally here! Getting ready for snowmaking. Post pics or news of places firing up their guns. This is great stoke!

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Sunday River made SNOW last night!!!!!!!!!!

:fangun: :daffy: :beer: :snow:

http://www.sundayriver.com/media-center/press-releases/2016-snowmaking-test

Newry, Maine (September 24, 2016)—As temperatures fell at Sunday River Resort overnight, the snowmaking team fired up the snowguns at 4AM for their initial systems test on Saturday, September 24, signaling the beginning of winter 2016-17 just three days after the first day of fall. Sunday River typically opens for skiing and snowboarding on or around Halloween, and this annual snowmaking test confirms: all systems go.

sr snow.jpg

skiberg

How bout SR saying the are opening on Aurora Peak this year. Thank god I hate that triple with the downloading.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Newpylong

Actually the upper nozzles and the first stages of the Impulse use the most air and least water that's why you see them in marginal temps running the top rows only. When you move up to the higher stages the air gets reduced and eventually shut off to the upper nozzles and the water really cranks up.

There is little to no chance of nucleation without the air hooked up around freezing.

yeggous

I'd believe it. Even in southern New England some spots got that cold last night. Norwood was down to 28.

WJenness

Picture showing snow on the ground too!

Were temps really in the 20s? It was brisk but I didn't think it was that brisk.

Would totally buy the 20s up there. It was 38 degrees in Lowell when I woke up this morning.

SIKSKIER

Looks like Loveland will be the first.
Monday, October 3

We hope you enjoyed the warm fall weather this weekend because the winter winds will be blowing into Colorado later this afternoon! The snowmaking crew form New Zealand arrives today to assist our local crew and their timing is perfect. While we weren’t able to get started this weekend as we had originally hoped, this week looks very promising and we expect to start snowmaking tonight!