• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow or Super Bowl?

frapcap

The mountain should be dead with the two big New England teams headed to the big game.

I know not all of you are far from the mountain, but for those who are, a 3-4 hour ride home has you missing the game unless you stop along the way.

What are your plans? Is listening on the radio in the car going to suffice for you?

xwhaler

get out early when the lifts open...ski hard until 2pm and then head home. for most folks this should get them home in plenty of time for the game.

KevinF

The mountain should be dead with the two big New England teams headed to the big game.

I know not all of you are far from the mountain, but for those who are, a 3-4 hour ride home has you missing the game unless you stop along the way.

What are your plans? Is listening on the radio in the car going to suffice for you?

Unless geography has changed somewhat since I was in school, New York is not in New England. :wink:

As for my plans on Sunday? Ski all day. Mosey on home. Take a shower. Unpack the car. Check snail mail, e-mail, etc. Go to sleep. Wake up in the morning. Head to the office. If everybody looks suicidal, I'll assume the Patriots lost. If everyone looks really happy, I'll assume the Patriots won.

skiersleft

Giants are not a New England team. That would be kind of insulting for Giants fans. :flame:

I will ski hard in the morning and leave before 1pm and be back in time for the game. Can't miss the Giants beating the Pats again in the big game.

WJenness

Neither.

Run giant fencing tournament just outside DC, get on a plane home for a 5:30P departure, hopefully catch the second half...

-w

jrmagic

I'm skiing all day on Sunday and then hanging at the condo to watch the Giants harass Brady and bring home the Lombardi trophy and then I will either hit the sack until 0330 and ehad home and to work or if there is fresh snow for Monday, take the day off and ski and then head home Monday evening.

drjeff

Stay over Sunday night and take Monday off. You'll more than likely get 2 uncrowded days on the hill, and if you were planning on going out down in the flatlands to watch the Superbowl, chances are that the various bars in ski country will also be less crowded than in the flatlands

Glenn

I'm already excited for Sunday. Should be a ghost town!

I love football! What teams are playing again? :spin:

4aprice

I'm skiing around here but only till noon, then getting in a car and heading to VT. It's going to be tough watching Pats-Giants being a Jet fan and knowing I'll be hearing about it all summer no matter who wins. Several of the people I'll be with are Eagle fans and it will interesting to see who they want (I assume Pats). Anyways in response to the question snow or Super Bowl, for me its definately snow.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

redwinger

get out early when the lifts open...ski hard until 2pm and then head home. for most folks this should get them home in plenty of time for the game.

agreed. 2 for 1's at Cannon. Skip lunch, get 6 hours of skiing, and still home in time to shower and have a few beers before the game starts.

Riverskier

Luckily I don't have to choose, as Sunday River is 1:15 door to door from my house, so there is no conflict. I will probably be home by mid afternoon to keep the wife happy, but could ski until the lifts shut down, then have a couple beers, and still be home in time for kickoff.

farlep99

Monday after Superbowl really needs to be made a holiday. I'll take the day off & catch the game after a full day skiing

BenedictGomez

I want the answer to be "snow", but I have a concert to go to on Saturday night, meaning a Vermont jaunt is out. So that leaves Hunter or Plattekill (or possibly someplace in the Poconos I guess).

Part of me thinks the Giants/Superbowl could render Hunter "safe" even though it's a weekend, and part of me thinks Hunter will still be mobbed as usual on a weekend. Anyone here have previous Superbowl experience at Hunter?

Unless geography has changed somewhat since I was in school, New York is not in New England.

Giants are not a New England team. That would be kind of insulting for Giants fans. :flame:

For reasons that completely escape me, a bizarrely high number of people living in New England do root for the New York Giants (and no, they're not transplants), so I'd say the OP is correct.

kingslug

Just got back from Alta...might take the weekend off..as it doesn't look too stellar round these parts..I'll get over it by next week...

trapedui

I'll Tivo the game and start watching around halftime. I don't watch the commercials and use a 30 second skip at the end of each play. Usually the next play is about to start after 30 seconds. If I play my cards right, I'll watch the last 5 minutes live and won't spend more than 1.5 hours watching. This way, I can ski until the lifts close and still watch every play of the big game.

If folks at work are all talking about a "must-see" commercial, I can always watch it the next day.

wa-loaf

For reasons that completely escape me, a bizarrely high number of people living in New England do root for the New York Giants (and no, they're not transplants), so I'd say the OP is correct.

Before the Pats existed, and even after when they sucked, the Giants were the adopted team in NE.