• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowboarder hits kid, kids father punches snowboarder (video)

Huck_It_Baby

I was going to say that it sounds like our buddy HS is a mandatory GS turnmaking George Zimmerman of Killington. Watch out...there might be a citizen's arrest if you don't look over your shoulder to be sure that he is not coming up behind you on the flats.....

Haha I was just about to post a citizen's arrest joke!

MadMadWorld

I'm still trying to find an instructional video on how to do slow GS turns...anyone? Seems a bit tricky.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AlpineZone mobile app

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Couldn't finish watching that for various reasons, not the least of which is that it's shot in portrait mode, which is a more heinous crime than driving slow in the left lane.

My biggest pet peeve

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AlpineZone mobile app

thetrailboss

Staff member
Ohhhh..............so you mean that's not you in the video?

I think it's your girlfriend actually.

And tell me do you ski with handcuffs in your blue jeans as you do your mandatory GS turns in case you come across any code violators?

dmc

chill

not a skier vs snowboarder debate

unless you choose to elect it one

I tend to not read threads based on titles...
This is the title..
"Snowboarder hits kid, kids father punches snowboarder (video)"

Based upon this thread i drew the conclusion that it was indeed a guy punching another person. With no hint that it's anything but on slope violence.. Where people are obviously not chill... :)

And really.. this place is weighted to skiers... Don't even try to say it isn't... Snowboarders have to continually defend themselves during pile on threads...

carry on...

deadheadskier

Staff member
I tend to not read threads based on titles...
This is the title..
"Snowboarder hits kid, kids father punches snowboarder (video)"

Based upon this thread i drew the conclusion that it was indeed a guy punching another person. With no hint that it's anything but on slope violence.. Where people are obviously not chill... :)

And really.. this place is weighted to skiers... Don't even try to say it isn't... Snowboarders have to continually defend themselves during pile on threads...

carry on...

Anyone else carry the opinion that this thread was even remotely a skier vs snowboarder thread and the mode of transport mattered? Anyone?

You're being defensive over nothing DMC.

Like I said. Chill. You bring that debate into things more than anyone. You need to get over it.

MadMadWorld

Anyone else carry the opinion that this thread was even remotely a skier vs snowboarder thread and the mode of transport mattered? Anyone?

You're being defensive over nothing DMC.

Like I said. Chill. You bring that debate into things more than anyone. You need to get over it.

Agreed. In fact, I think people were irritated at the dad for wacking the snowboarder than the snowboarder hitting the kid.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AlpineZone mobile app

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
And what would you suggest? Can't say on skier hits another, as that just isn't accurate. This like trying to call a car hits a biker by any other term. It's purely descriptive that a snowboarder hit a kid. Do we start saying winter recreationalist hits another winter recreationalist?

"Teen hits little kid on slopes - punched by kid's father". See, by merely describing the teenager as a "snowboarder" you make it about snowboarding. Dmc's objection is justifiable when you label someone a snowboarder rather than what they really are - in this case - a somewhat out-of-control teen.

Savemeasammy

"Teen hits little kid on slopes - punched by kid's father". See, by merely describing the teenager as a "snowboarder" you make it about snowboarding. Dmc's objection is justifiable when you label someone a snowboarder rather than what they really are - in this case - a somewhat out-of-control teen.

Right. The relevant fact here is that it was a teenager who collided with a young child. This same teen could have been involved in the same (or similar) collision had he been on skis. He may not have the same "blind spot" issue on skis, but he would still have the same lack of caution that an adult - particularly a parent - would have. We were all teens once. Hopefully both of these kids learned a valuable lesson that will serve them well for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mister moose

All you've done is shift from one stereotype to another. All teens are not 'somewhat out of control'. I agree that hypersensitivity has been in play here. The heelside visibility I think was a contributing factor with the teal jacket kid, and boarder hits skier is just as relevant as SUV hits Tractor-trailer or waterskier hits swimmer. Should we say the snow slider was male? Why blame men? Why was the Mom absent? Was the father gay? Why was the child moving so slow? Was he handicapped?

I think the title should be

Future movie director snowboarder strikes slowpoke scaredy-cat cry baby while filming and gets sucker punched by can't get a date single dad with anger issues after bouncing off fashion challenged skier.

See? You don't even notice the snowboarder part now.

deadheadskier

Staff member

So, we're not allowed to discuss mode of transport because some people are overly sensitive and might perceive the intent of the thread to be a bunch of skiers ragging on snowboarding?

There's an early life lesson that apply here:

"Don't judge a book by it's cover". In other words, read the thread before snapping to judgment. DMC did not. He just came in said

"I refuse to even watch this bs... Surprised you even posted this...

This place is weighted way too heavy with skiers to even get involved.....
F that..."

If the title was "Skier hits kid, father punches skier" and someone came in and posted:

"I refuse to even watch this bs... Surprised you even posted this...

This place is weighted way too heavy with snowboarders to even get involved.....
F that..."

The collective response would be the poster was being irrational and overly sensitive to a topic (skiing vs snowboarding) not even being discussed.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Future movie director snowboarder strikes slowpoke scaredy-cat cry baby while filming and gets sucker punched by can't get a date single dad with anger issues after bouncing off fashion challenged skier.

See? You don't even notice the snowboarder part now.

Yes! That is awesome!

mulva

Had to check on 14 page thread. Why does mom have to post this? It's perpetuating hate haha!

Anyway I hope the little kid was okay, I'm pretty sure he was, as he only got upset once dad slapped the teen on the helmet and yelled a little. The little kid came out of nowhere because the father was shielding him. The kid on the snowboard just got caught up in a bad situation on a crowded trail. Dad loses temper and gave the dude a little love tap on the helmet. Teen's mom looking to start trouble. Not a big deal. Mom of a 17 year old should cut the cord already.

skiNEwhere

If you read this entire thread, you'll see two GENERAL consensuses.

The snowboarder was going too fast, and shouldn't have tried to thread the needle
The dad was completely out of line in punching the teen(the snowboarder!!)

So what is your take on this DMC??!?

Does AZ need to get a political correctness filter????? :roll:

thetrailboss

Staff member
We've had three or four threads over the last couple weeks about snowboarding in general. The wide, wide majority of the conversation has been civil, respectful, and entertaining. I've only seen two, maybe three posts, like the one above complaining about bias or "snowboard hate". Sorry, I just don't see it. I think folks here have been pretty chill.

And I think that the consensus, as said, has been that both these guys were idiots for one thing or another irrespective of what they had on their feet.

AdironRider

Two thoughts. If the boarder was a skier I can pretty much guarantee everyone would be more apt to rail the dad for not following the code ala Damian Sanders here. Just the nature of this board really. Second, for all the dads in this thread that find it reasonable, or at least could understand why he hit him. Are you fucking retarded? This is assault on a minor, inexcusable in every way.
Also of note is the boarder on the video can be heard asking if the kid is ok before they even stop sliding. Boarder pretty much did all he could, and there is absolutely no reason for him to stay there when within 3 seconds the dad has committed assault. That's the crux right there. Dad didn't even care about the kid, his only thought was regulate on the boarder. That's all the evidence I need to prove douche dad played the critical role. He never looks uphill, doesn't check on his kid, etc.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Abubob, good response, but now are dumping all over teens? Again, the term you use is descriptive. Personally I see nothing wrong with either one. A more accurate statement may be" A somewhat out of control teen snowboarder." Any part of that not accurately descriptive? Sometimes people have to give up that they think people are always dogging them.

What should I say "age challenged"? Perhaps "youth" or "yute". Why is that as derogatory? Why is "snowboarder" derogatory? Maybe we shouldn't say "father" because all fathers are deranged snowboard slapping skiers!

Out of control youth that just happened to find himself on a snow riding device comes in close physical contact with rug rat and is assaulted by deranged paternal skier. Yes, skier, because they are all imbalanced.

Maybe we do need a PC filter.