• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

So Nick moved to Florida

deadheadskier

Staff member
I have my suspicions, but they apparently remove them before our visits. The pickled watermelon rind I spotted in the fridge last month was a little peculiar too.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

yeggous

What is really needed for graphic design? Just the logo? Most web sites are getting away from graphics and rely on css.

Logo yes. I need to do some homework on the issue of a mobile app. Does everyone just use tapatalk?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

Florida's nice to visit, but that's about it. With vacations, schooling, and visiting family, I'd say I've spent about 5 years of my life down there. I had an opportunity to life in Florida scot-free (and on the water to boot) from 2004 onward, and choose to move back north anyway.

gmcunni

Florida's nice to visit, but that's about it. With vacations, schooling, and visiting family, I'd say I've spent about 5 years of my life down there. I had an opportunity to life in Florida scot-free (and on the water to boot) from 2004 onward, and choose to move back north anyway.

after about 30 years of visiting FL yearly (sometimes twice) if i never step foot there again I'll be a happy person.

prsboogie

Logo yes. I need to do some homework on the issue of a mobile app. Does everyone just use tapatalk?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

I do not use tapatalk, can't quite remember what it was about it now but there was something I didn't like about it. I use the app

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

drjeff

There actually are some nice weather times in Florida, where it's warm, and not humid. Those just unfortunately coincidence with ski season!!

I was down in Florida last week for my kids Spring break - both in Orlando for a few days and then down on the Gulf Coast in SW Florida not too far from Fort Meyers for a few days - morning lows in the mid 50's afternoon highs in the low/mid 80's and no humidity whatsoever - kind of felt quite nice for a few days I will admit

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

Glenn

There actually are some nice weather times in Florida, where it's warm, and not humid. Those just unfortunately coincidence with ski season!!

I was down in Florida last week for my kids Spring break - both in Orlando for a few days and then down on the Gulf Coast in SW Florida not too far from Fort Meyers for a few days - morning lows in the mid 50's afternoon highs in the low/mid 80's and no humidity whatsoever - kind of felt quite nice for a few days I will admit

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

Exactly! The good weather happens during ski season! Although, it's probably not too bad November through early mid December...right before skiing gets good here.

xwhaler

I'll be in Florida the 1st week of November for a few days before a trip to the Bahamas with my wife.
We have family down on the East Coast near Ft Lauderdale and I specifically picked early Nov as a prime time to go visit.
Just before ski season and after the boat and golf clubs are put away up here.

Edd

I lived in Jacksonville for two years when I was age 5-7. I reveled in stuff like Disneyworld, Marineland, alligator farms, and going to the beach. One day it snowed. Fond memories from when I was a dumb kid.

I returned as a dumb adult, age 27, to Pensacola, between the months of March to October or so. I was in the Navy, attending a school. Through the summer I marched in formation to class wearing the dungaree enlisted uniform. Also mandatory PT several days a week, running in formation along with calisthenics, you get the idea. I developed a keen hatred for Florida's climate that I'll harbor until death.

But not everyone feels that way (FLA population 20.6 million). I wish Nick good luck down there.

jimk

I'll be in Florida the 1st week of November for a few days before a trip to the Bahamas with my wife.
We have family down on the East Coast near Ft Lauderdale and I specifically picked early Nov as a prime time to go visit.
Just before ski season and after the boat and golf clubs are put away up here.

My wife and I visited friends south of Sarasota, FL last fall. I have fond memories of swimming in the Gulf and watching the sun go down on an island called Boca Grande on Halloween 2016.

drjeff

My wife and I visited friends south of Sarasota, FL last fall. I have fond memories of swimming in the Gulf and watching the sun go down on an island called Boca Grande on Halloween 2016.

Boca Grande is a GREAT place! I was fishing and beaching there a week ago. One of the few reasons why I actually would go back there during the summer heat and humidity is that right in the pass at the South end of Boca Grande in the summer is some of the best tarpon fishing in the world! The first few tarpon to return to the area for the summer had just recently been seen per the fishing guide we used. No tarpon for our boat last week, just some grouper, snook, red fish and speckled sea trout giving us some tight lines!

SIKSKIER

When I was 19 I thought it would be great to live in Fla.Moved to Hollywood Beach and hung out at the place they fiilmed the Porkys movie.I lasted 6 weeks and headed north.Not for me.Just a visitor now.

BenedictGomez

Exactly! The good weather happens during ski season! Although, it's probably not too bad November through early mid December...right before skiing gets good here.

Late October through December was always my favorite time of year down there. It's typically not brutally hot and the water is still warm.

Warp Daddy

T
I hate Florida.
Me too , my dad had a nice place there on two championship courses , but other than a visist and several other trips for business , i detest the place , the happy high school bs of the gated communities replete with their Grass Nazis , Garbage. nazis , Hospitality Nazis , ,Golf Nazis ...too damn much structure and lack of independence plus from May thru Oct ober the weather sucks

skifree

that road in Boca Grande is one HUGE speed trap. use blinkers/don't speed at all. otherwise very nice area $$$$.

Jcb890

You couldn't pay me to move to Florida. Some people love it though.

Okay, okay, I could certainly be bought with enough money, but you get the idea...