• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

So who WILL open this weekend for skiing?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Wish I could have gone, but the weather and other commitments prevented me. I did visit the ski show, so please read my review on that thread.

These mountains are slated to open this Friday:
Cannon (according to the website and speaking with reps at the show)
Jay
Bolton (I think)
Wachusett
Sunapee

Who am I forgetting here :-? ?

Question is: given the weather, who do you think WILL be open for skiing? I really, really wanna go! :wink:

ctenidae

Is Sunappee, assuming they actually open, going to have anything to ski on? It's my hill of choice, but if I'll be skiing on gravel, maybe not so much...

Zand

Wa almost definitely is not opening Friday. It will be soon after as the cold air is arriving Friday. 60s and rain Wednesday and Thursday. :angry:

ctenidae

From Sunappe's website:

Sat., Nov. 27: Tentative Opening Day - Please call ahead (603-763-4020) or visit our Web site for updates and conditons.

Wasn't it Friday yesterday? At this rate, it'll be next week by Thanksgiving.

ctenidae

Wachusett:

Due to unseasonably warm temperatures we will not open on November 26. We will open as soon as the weather permits.

Drat and blast.

L

LordHedgie

Does anyone know if any PA resorts are planning to open this weekend? Western PA seems like it should have a shot, since the colder weather should hit it sooner. The Somerset County weather forecasts have been calling for snow starting Thanksgiving and lasting on and off for several days (although never more than a 1/4 in a day or so). If it's snowing Thursday, it sure seems like some snowmaking could happen Thursday and Friday, but I haven't seen any words yet.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Sunday River didn't sound too bad.

Jay is opening (see my thread).

Just read about Bretton Wood's "ski one run with an instructor" for a whooping $35. Really, who do they think they are? :blink:

Greg

Staff member
Jiminy is still slated to reopen Friday, but with "limited terrain". Depending on what that means, I may or may not go...