• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

South Jersey NELSAPing 3/22/18

danimals

I didn't have the time (aka was hungover) to drive far to take advantage of the 10+ inches of snow that fell overnight, So I slept in and decided to hike for some turns at my local NELSAP area. The drive was only a half hour and the snow was really dense and heavy. The vert was only about 200 feet, but the hill was steep enough to get some good turns in.

IMG_0187.jpg

I got to the unofficial lot and realized I left by boots at home. So, I tried my best to snowboard with my work boots. The combination of deep heavy snow and ultra flexible ankles wasn't great. I explored the woods a bit and since turning was kind of a chore, I nailed a tree, then went home. Currently laying in bed as the impact pulled something in my back. I got about 5 runs in on the main slope and and one each on the lower angle slopes. totally worth it.

IMG_0186.jpg
IMG_0183.jpg
IMG_0191.jpg

Glenn

Great TR! You're a trooper going out hungover and in workboots! Nice job. Hope the back feels better soon.