• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Spring Mogul Season is Here!

campgottagopee

All that means to me is spring golf is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

gmcunni

i recall feeling the same way last year this time but got an incredible powder day @ SB on 3/21! i love the spring skiing but won't be turning my back on cold weather and snow storms just yet.

Greg

Staff member
Oh yeah. More snow up north, I'd imagine, but the next week or so+ looks pretty soft.

mondeo

I'm not ready for it yet. I want Gunny to last into April, and the onset of Spring skiing means the onset of snow pack reduction. Plus spring means people stop thinking skiing, reducing ticket sales at Sundown, hastening their closing date.

mondeo

until it's April, this is definitely making lemonade from lemons in my book.......though it's the best lemonade you've ever had.
It's CT spring bump season. Different than VT/NH/ME spring bump season.

One of the nice things about skiing CT is that you get two months of spring bumps instead of one; March down here, April up there.

4aprice

One of the nice things about skiing CT is that you get two months of spring bumps instead of one; March down here, April up there.

Same thing here in PA. Bumps should be fantastic this weekend.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

deadheadskier

Staff member

I'm really hoping for a sustained base this season to ski bumps at Wildcat in May. Would love a repeat of the April snows of 07

SkiDork

used to be at K you always got 2 - April and May

Geoff

It was pretty firm out there today at KMart. Fiddle and Southridge may have softened but that section of the mountain was roped off. OL was 50% groomed. The bumped side was concrete.

SkiingInABlueDream

I love spring skiing but the thought of spring-like conditions any time before the last week in march at the absolute earliest is just annoying to me. I guess my mindset is like a lightswitch. march = winter then apr 1 <flip> I can accept warm weather. Wow, I've been absolutely letting this season slide away :sad: