• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Storm on the way

abc

Woke up seeing a couple inches of DRY snow on my car! Dash over to Wildcat to play in the hero snow.

The crowd didn’t show up till later (people streaming in from 11am on... I left a little before 12. By then, the groomer were down to the hardpack beneath, and the ungroomed were a mix of rock and sleek ice.

Saw a few people coming out of the woods. But I couldn’t quite figure out how to get to the entrance. Maybe next time.

It was a good day (a few hrs of it anyway). Followed with xc skiing after lunch. Good workout.

Edd

Gunstock claimed 13” over the two days. Conditions were pretty good this morning. The crowds were growing rapidly so the trails took a major beating, I’m sure.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Last edited:

sledride

Burke was great today. Snowed all day too. Plenty of natural terrain in the mix.

parahelia

Sunday River did well with the storm, 14-16”. They went from ~60 trails to over 100. Cover is a bit thin on the naturals but at least the base is building! Crowds weren’t bad on Tuesday and steadily decreased as the day wore on and people’s legs ran out of gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk