• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Storm on the way

kingslug

Some forecasts show snow monday to thursday..who knows..but the weekend looks crappy
The catskills might be better this weekend..the radar will tell all..

tnt1234

Trying to decide on a day trip to Blue tomorrow. Might prefer to just stay home and go rock climbing or something.

Domeskier

Trying to decide on a day trip to Blue tomorrow. Might prefer to just stay home and go rock climbing or something.

I hear they finally got around to seeding Barney's. Nice spring-like bumps on tap for tomorrow if they don't mow them down I guess.

tnt1234

I hear they finally got around to seeding Barney's. Nice spring-like bumps on tap for tomorrow if they don't mow them down I guess.

We bailed. Too much work/stuff to get done before trip.

Must be a nice day there though.

abc

Even the northern NH is expecting a little bit of ice. And snow totals are all over the map.

Couple with high lodging cost, I’m leaning toward bailing.

JimG.

Staff member
Couple with high lodging cost

Yeah I forgot that resorts like to stretch holiday periods to inflate hotel rates. Looking more likely I'll wait until Monday the 6th to go to K for a few days.

abc

I took the gamble and am now up here at the AMC Pinkam lodge. One of the lodging that doesn't charge extra for the "holiday period". It's a bit rustic but comfortable.

The forecast has gotten colder but that's with reduction of snow total. At least the ice is gone from the forecast, at least for up here in northern NH.

Fingers cross for some white stuff. Skiers are by nature optimists. ;)

SnowRock

I ate some dinner and hit the nail for some dead cover band, but it looks like all snow here at Stowe so far. Coming down at a good clip as well. Way higher rate versus what I have been reading in BTV forecast discussion

abc

Mountains in the northern vt/nh has been getting a few inches overnight. Expecting more.

But I also see a band of ice sweeping in from the west. Hope that goes away.