• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Storm Report from Southern VT

mtl1076

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
This report is specific to Magic Mountain.

The snow started around 11am and continued until about 12:30. From 12:30 until present it has been sleet and freezing rain. I took a couple of runs at the very end of the day and the skiing was really, really fun. I am actually at a loss of words to explain the conditions.....it is kind of like skiing on 2" of fine styrofoam pellets. As long as the r**n holds off for most of the night the conditions tomorrow should be "different" but great.

Come on up and enjoy an uncrowded weekend on the slopes.

mtl1076

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
yes it does, but graupel is usually more of a tiny little snow/ice ball. It is more just half freezing rain, half sleet. Very fun though.

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com
I have yet to post my second trail report from yesterday, but we did stop at Whaleback and took a few runs. Since driving on Rt89 was crappy, nobody (<25) people were there to take advantage of the free skiing from 6 to 9. We only took 2 runs (wife was already impatient) but the snow was like granulated sugar and largely untracked. Best skiing of the day.