• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe 11-5-06 - the other one ;)

cbcbd

I decided late into work on Sat that I was going to head up to Stowe on Sunday. Other than stepping on some s**t, not realizing it, and then getting it on my car mat it was a pretty damn good trip.
Started up Gondolier at 7:30am, skied down Cliff Trail to Nosedive, went up Nosedive to under the guns, skied to the bottom, booted back up Nosedive to the top, decided to get to Hayride, but, unlike the other side, the snow was an icy crust on top of 1' of powder - no good, so I headed down Lord to bottom. Hiked back up Gondolier to Chin Clip and finished off with that - which was excellent!!!

Ok, some pics:

IMG_0907_resize.jpg

Going up Gondolier
IMG_0919_resize.jpg

Looking at Waterfall
IMG_0921_resize.jpg

Watching the guns work
IMG_0929_resize.jpg

Down Waterfall
IMG_0932_resize.jpg

Looking up Clif Trail
IMG_0936_resize.jpg

Guns on Nosedive
IMG_0943_resize.jpg

bvibert

Staff member
I still can't get over how much snow they got, and still have up there! Nice pics! :D

skicone

That's a great picture of Waterfall. It's amazing how different slopes appear without snow.

skicone

I didn't know there was a " first " contest. Congratulations. It looks too intense for me.

salida

Website
ecampus.bentley.edu
I didn't say I was the one to ski it either. We scoped it but the snow was to hard by the time we got up there. Someone else likely skied it when the snow was softer.