• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe or Okemo this weekend?

Los

If you were equidistant from all of the Epic areas, which would you choose to go to tomorrow (or Sunday)?

mbedle

Does it seem odd that Stowe is so far behind on open acres/trails this season? Maybe I have a short memory of past seasons and how much they had open by this time of year.

JimG.

Staff member
Does it seem odd that Stowe is so far behind on open acres/trails this season? Maybe I have a short memory of past seasons and how much they had open by this time of year.

Not much snow up there so far.

mister moose

After all the warm temps, snow eating fog and rain today, and the increase in temps since dark, (46 degrees here at Moose Manor at Killington and finally starting to drop), it isn't pretty. I recommend looking into what breweries are within driving distance. And ski within a half hour, hours of driving won't have a big reward.

abc

They dont blow a lot of snow up north. Snow predicted for sunday to wednesday though..we will see..im heading up sunday.
Same here. Merely a matter of exactly which mountain.

Leaving the Vail bitching crowd to sort themselves out hunching over their keyboard...

Last edited:

big_vert

While Breck does have a lot of very crowded intermediate terrain, unlike Okemo, it does have some good high alpine terrain, too, which is not nearly as crowded as the intermediate trails…

Why have "good" (I don't agree btw) high alpine, when there's A-Basin close by that has GREAT high alpine. Breck is for Okemo skiers that want to believe those are REALLY black diamond trails, and that it isn't as insipid as it seems

abc

A-basin is a one-dimensional mountain.

The actual A-basin “regulars” don’t share your condescending view of Breck. In fact many AB pass holders also have Epic passes (now that they’re no longer getting a-basin for free) and frequently ski at Breck.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Why have "good" (I don't agree btw) high alpine, when there's A-Basin close by that has GREAT high alpine. Breck is for Okemo skiers that want to believe those are REALLY black diamond trails, and that it isn't as insipid as it seems
Right on man!

Ever ski any of the Double Black Diamonds at A-Basin?

GNARLY!!!!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

big_vert

A-basin is a one-dimensional mountain.

The actual A-basin “regulars” don’t share your condescending view of Breck. In fact many AB pass holders also have Epic passes (now that they’re no longer getting a-basin for free) and frequently ski at Breck.

So are you the official spokesdouche for "regular" A-Basin skiers? Love it when someone purports to KNOW what others (particularly a group like A-Basin skiers) think. I suspect that AB regulars would rather have a root canal than be caught at Breckenflat when there's so many other far superior areas in the local area.

Like Breck would entertain snowbeach for a microsecond? Why would ANYONE with a pass to AB go to Breckenflat? Why? The long, featureless, marginally tilted blues? The rad douches who think a Breck "diamond" has any basis in reality (think Flatton), the "highest chair" that goes to a featureless, windblown peak?

I know a fair number of AB "regulars", and Breck isn't anywhere on their radar. What a completely laughable statement. You sure you weren't thinking of Powder Ridge regulars?

AB is a "one dimensional" mountain? So exactly what dimesion is that? Please give us all the benefit of your great experience and tell us what dimesion that is?

abc

I suspect that AB regulars would rather have a root canal than be caught at Breckenflat when there's so many other far superior areas in the local area.
Your "suspension" is totally misplaced.

I don't have to be an "official" of anything. I know plenty of Coloradans who have BOTH A-basin and EPIC pass!!! Many of them skied AB "regularly" when it was part of the EPIC pass. And they continued to buy EPIC pass and ski in Vail resorts. Those are the "AB regulars would rather have a root canal than be caught at Breckenflat" you suspected!

The "locals" enjoy Vail resorts as soon as the tourists leaves, outside of major holiday periods. They don't have your inflated self-important about one mountain over another.

And there're A LOT OF THEM! A whole lot more than you "suspected"!

big_vert

Your "suspension" is totally misplaced.

I don't have to be an "official" of anything. I know plenty of Coloradans who have BOTH A-basin and EPIC pass!!! Many of them skied AB "regularly" when it was part of the EPIC pass. And they continued to buy EPIC pass and ski in Vail resorts. Those are the "AB regulars would rather have a root canal than be caught at Breckenflat" you suspected!

The "locals" enjoy Vail resorts as soon as the tourists leaves, outside of major holiday periods. They don't have your inflated self-important about one mountain over another.

And there're A LOT OF THEM! A whole lot more than you "suspected"!

"suspension"? Not dealing with a full deck are you?.

Anyway, sure after the tourons go probably they'd use the pass other places, and Flail and Keystone could come to mind, but Breckenflat? Puleese. Like a MRG regular going to Bromley or Flatton to try something different.:roll:

And let's see, the tourons leave after the places close in April right after Easter, so what's left open? Wait. It would be AB, yes? Heroic cluelessness- you're approaching Epic. Epicfail.