• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

One of the best Spring skiing weeks ever!?!?

Hawk

Sugarbush VT
That girl got a lot of attention. LOL There were other very beautiful Women this weekend. That is one of the other Benefits that IKON brought. A newer younger crowd.

Sugarbush sayed totally sunny all day both days with temps in the 70's. No big crowds and top to bottlm skiing. The plaza was really fun on Saturday with a pretty good Blue Grass style band playing all kinds of covers. A fair amount of Dead.

I would say that this rain today will kill the upper part of the mountain unless they can patch together downspout and Jester and it will only be Organgrinder. The top of Ripchord is pretty much done, agian unless they can patch the top 30 yards. Steins, Snowball, Spring Fling, Coffee Run, Lower Organgrinder, Murphys and Allyns traverse still have a bunch of snow and will probably be what it is next weekend.

KustyTheKlown

next weekend looks like a washout unfortunately.

i'm a mixture of sad and relieved. will be nice to not drive 10-12 hours and spend at least $100 on at least one night in a hotel.

i am at 48 days tho and you better fuckin believe I'm finding those last 2 to 50 somewhere, be it the bush, jay, killington, or an ill advised jaunt to cali or co or utah

LuckyStrike

That girl got a lot of attention. LOL There were other very beautiful Women this weekend. That is one of the other Benefits that IKON brought. A newer younger crowd.

Sugarbush sayed totally sunny all day both days with temps in the 70's. No big crowds and top to bottlm skiing. The plaza was really fun on Saturday with a pretty good Blue Grass style band playing all kinds of covers. A fair amount of Dead.

I would say that this rain today will kill the upper part of the mountain unless they can patch together downspout and Jester and it will only be Organgrinder. The top of Ripchord is pretty much done, agian unless they can patch the top 30 yards. Steins, Snowball, Spring Fling, Coffee Run, Lower Organgrinder, Murphys and Allyns traverse still have a bunch of snow and will probably be what it is next weekend.
The band was great. Not sure what the DJ before the band was up to.

cdskier

next weekend looks like a washout unfortunately.

i'm a mixture of sad and relieved. will be nice to not drive 10-12 hours and spend at least $100 on at least one night in a hotel.

i am at 48 days tho and you better fuckin believe I'm finding those last 2 to 50 somewhere, be it the bush, jay, killington, or an ill advised jaunt to cali or co or utah

I'm hoping that's wrong and there's at least some window on either Saturday or Sunday to make it out for a few hours. Next weekend is really my last chance to ski for the season I think as I'm planning to pack up and head back to NJ the following weekend.

Zand

I'm not leaving a Tahoe trip out of the question for me this summer. I would think they'll make July 4th pretty easily.

oldfartrider

Did Stowe on Saturday then drove down to Killington Sunday to meet up with friends. Great riding with friends but K was such a let down after Stowe which had much better conditions. I’m at 55 days and will try to hit 60 but it’s not looking great with rain predicted next 2 weekends.

KustyTheKlown

Did Stowe on Saturday then drove down to Killington Sunday to meet up with friends. Great riding with friends but K was such a let down after Stowe which had much better conditions. I’m at 55 days and will try to hit 60 but it’s not looking great with rain predicted next 2 weekends.

killington sat and sun were very different days.

saturday had 110+ trails, gorgeous 75 degree no clouds, pond skim, big crowds having a lot of fun

sunday was ~90 trails, oddly empty and desolate, and skiing down to bear was a chore because of the patching they needed to do to connect the bottom to the chair. the backside was in thick fog clouds all day, and those clouds gradually crept over the ridge. if you stayed on snowdon and k1 in the morning it wasn't bad, but saturday was clearly THE day this past weekend

canyon quad going down also stinks. i hate having to lap the gondola and take my skis off to ski the front face of k peak.

BodeMiller1

Cannon was off the hook on Tuesday. Pretty much everything open. In the afternoon we were hiking the saddle for mitt laps and skiing cornaroy till the end of the day. Opening turns on rocket were surreal. This season ended so pleasently.
Corn-a-roy? Hmmm

Hawk

Stop the political BS on here. We don't care about that shit. I just looked at the Burlington NWS site took all the Daily highs, did an average and it checks out on the temp average. I do not have the time to go into the records and check the averages for the last 100 years but I will take thier word on it. Just because today is below average does not mean the months average is lower. My eyes work fine.

ThatGuy

Liberal propaganda, it's 10 degrees below average right now in Burlington. Use your own eyes
You sound like a moron, the Earth and our survival as a species isn’t political…

KustyTheKlown

You sound like a moron, the Earth and our survival as a species isn’t political…

i was assuming that his post was dripping with sarcasm. i didn't realize we still had people who were so dumb to be like 'global warming? sure seems cold outside where i am right now!'

i still think his post may have been facetious. not entirely sure.

RH29

i was assuming that his post was dripping with sarcasm. i didn't realize we still had people who were so dumb to be like 'global warming? sure seems cold outside where i am right now!'

i still think his post may have been facetious. not entirely sure.
It was. Sick of people who think weather is the same as climate.