• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe to open tomorrow but...

slatham

Only for pass holders. They will open to the public next Saturday the 22nd. I find it strange that they open tomorrow for pass holders and then close on Sunday and not reopen for a week? Definitely a different mindset at Stowe vs other areas.

steamboat1

Only for pass holders. They will open to the public next Saturday the 22nd. I find it strange that they open tomorrow for pass holders and then close on Sunday and not reopen for a week? Definitely a different mindset at Stowe vs other areas.
They did the same thing last year.

VTKilarney

I'm surprised that they won't be open on Sunday - especially for pass holders that live several hours away.

steamboat1

They're also likely to have the most terrain open of any of the other mountains.

We love our Season Pass Holders, that’s why we are opening tomorrow just for you! Tomorrow, November 15, the FourRunner Quad will be open from 9am to 4pm for Seasons Pass Holders only (including StoweFive passes). As always, the terrain will be top-to-bottom for over 2,000 vertical feet of skiing & riding. After tomorrow's Season Pass Holder event, Stowe’s daily winter operations will begin for the 2014-2015 season on November 22.

Mother Nature also loves our Pass Holders, as she’s brought us 2-3” of fresh snow in the past 24 hours and it has been snowing lightly at times today. Tomorrow’s forecast calls for mostly sunny skies, with temperatures in the teens at the summit, and 20s at the base. We expect to have 2.7 miles of terrain open tomorrow for our Pass Holders, including the following trails: Upper Ridgeview, Ridgeview, Upper Lord, Lord, North Slope, Lower North Slope, and Centerline. All of those trails, with the exception of Centerline, will be groomed for tomorrow morning. Snowmaking may be in-progress tomorrow on Lower North Slope, although we do anticipate the majority of open terrain will be snow-gun free. Additionally, our Parks Crew will have two freestyle features set-up on Upper Ridgview.

Surface conditions are anticipated to be machine groomed, with average snowmaking base depths of 6-24 inches. Please note that there will be no beginner terrain available, and that variable early season conditions may exist, so remember to Share the Slope with your fellow skiers & riders. Our snowmakers have been cranking out the snow around-the-clock whenever temperatures permit, and in the past 24 hours they have been blowing on Upper Lord, North Slope, Lower North Slope, Centerline, Sunrise, Standard, Fifth Avenue and Crossover. Tomorrow during the day, they anticipate making snow on Upper Hayride, Sunrise, Crossover, Lullabye Lane, Inspiration, Slalom Hill, Meadows & Competition Hill. -

thetrailboss

Staff member
I'd be thrilled if I was a passholder....especially since I would be paying a huge premium to be a Stowe passholder.