• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton: 2/23/2014

Glenn

Conditions weren't t bad today; especially in the morning. We started off at Sunbowl; Kidderbrook skied well...somewhat corny snow without much scratch. The main mountain skied well. The bumps under the gondola were skiable despite Friday's rain. The upper part of Middlebrook was scratchy late morning; the lower skied well. The sun came out a bit before,noon and softened things up towards the base. Temps were comfortable.

The Ursa lift had an issue in the afternoon. When we got it line, it stopped and stayed stopped for a few minutes. They got it running, then it stopped again. But after the second stop, they got it going and all seemed well.

My wife and I have been enjoying skiing Stratton on Sundays. The runs are a bit longer and it makes a difference; we can hammer out a lot of vertical in a day.

This is a pic of my wife on Middlebrook ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1393192601.300420.jpg

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app.

Euler

Yes, Bromley and Stratton face each other across the valley. Those bumps look sweet! Can't wait for a sunny March day to get up there and start burning through my BOGOs.

sf77

Are the glades skiable after the warm/freeze? Heading up this weekend with my son.

The glades that I did on Sunday were very icy, almost unskiable. When the sun hit some of the lower mountain glades such as Moonbeam, the snow softened up which made a huge difference. But overall, very icy and slick.

GolfingOwl

The glades that I did on Sunday were very icy, almost unskiable. When the sun hit some of the lower mountain glades such as Moonbeam, the snow softened up which made a huge difference. But overall, very icy and slick.

Not what I wanted to hear but thanks.

jrmagic

Are the glades skiable after the warm/freeze? Heading up this weekend with my son.

I doubt you will be able to ski any glades in Southern VT this weekend. At Magic it softened up nicely on Saturday and even Sunday got pretty soft. I suppose with the extra 1k of elevation at Stratton there was a little less rain but that probably means more icing and a thicker crust on top which doesn't sound very fun. Hopefully we get more snow soon.

bdfreetuna

I doubt you will be able to ski any glades in Southern VT this weekend. At Magic it softened up nicely on Saturday and even Sunday got pretty soft. I suppose with the extra 1k of elevation at Stratton there was a little less rain but that probably means more icing and a thicker crust on top which doesn't sound very fun. Hopefully we get more snow soon.

You are making Magic this weekend sound kind of tempting..