• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton 3/16/2014

Glenn

We didn't rush this AM. Since it was warmer yesterday and cold and windy last night. There was a pretty decent crowd for a Sunday but the lines moved just fine. We started off at Sunbowl and went to the main mountain. They received a few inches of snow overnight; I think the snow report said 1" which was a bit conservative. Overall, good conditions. The drifters skied good with fresh on the sides and a little scratch in the center. Surprise of the day: greens. Work road, west meadow, ect. Not a lot of traffic and good snow. Moguls under the gondola were good at the very top. Then they got really scratchy and crusty. at 1PM, Upper Switchback still had some nice snow on it. Upper Kidderbrook ripped at the end of the day.

24 hours of Stratton was going on so they had a band at the base, a special line in the Gondi for the racers, and the Patriots Cheerleaders at the finish line around 12.

Great weather: bluebird sky and cool temps.

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1395001092.566549.jpg

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app.

Euler

Nice blue skies! I get super jealous when I'm at home looking at blue sky and sunshine like that. Skiing in a storm is great too, but it's also pretty rare In vt to get to ski under the sun!

WoodCore

Felt like a January day on the hill. Cold temps, a bright sky and plenty of firm fast snow! The wind was whipping the new snow around pretty good but if you followed it around, some nice soft snow could be found. Even hit up some great low angle woods to play around in!

Glenn

My wife and I kept commenting on the sunshine and temps. Based on the forecast, we thought it would be a really chilly day. While the air temp was cool, the abundant sunshine kept things comfortable; but didn't melt the snow.