• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton March 9, 2014

Glenn

A bit of a late start this morning, but still plenty of parking spots over at Sunbowl. Temps were in the low-mid 20, abundant sunshine and a slight breeze up top. The weather was just about perfect. Snow was fast, firm and scratchy in spots. There actually were a few spots of glare in certain areas. Overall, skiing was good. You has to watch for the slick spots when you opened it up. The conditions we're consistent on the entire mountain. Lift lines were pretty small from 11:30 on. Bumps under the gondola were getting pretty big. They had a snowboard comp going on just to the left of Amex as you went up. All in all, a really good day. We got on a lot of vertical for having a bit of a later start.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app.

Euler

I spent the day home sick with a stomach bug, looking out the window at that beautiful sunshine! Glad you got out and enjoyed it. We got well above freezing in the valley over here. Sounds like the mountains stayed below freezing throughout the day?

WoodCore

Glenn summed up the conditions pretty well! Good turns were had on East Meadow, Switchback, Snow Bowl Alley, Liftline and Sunriser. Great to rip some huge high speed GS turns down a freshly groomed Freefall! Weather was stellar and the crowds light! To make things better there were $5 Long Trails at Grizzly's and The Kind Buds were rocking out! Glad to be done Coaching and back on the free-ski circuit!

Here's some pictures.

Last edited:

WoodCore

As a funny aside, here's some funky math for you! The Wife and I consumed 6 - $5 Long Trail Ales after skiing today and the bill came to $27, score!!!

xlr8r

Looks Beautiful there. Still looks like they have a ton of snow. I should be there in two weeks time, hopefully the snow will be good then

WoodCore

Looks Beautiful there. Still looks like they have a ton of snow. I should be there in two weeks time, hopefully the snow will be good then

You should be good, plenty of winter left up on the mountain!

skifree

I like that upper tamarack run early in the morning

Glenn

I spent the day home sick with a stomach bug, looking out the window at that beautiful sunshine! Glad you got out and enjoyed it. We got well above freezing in the valley over here. Sounds like the mountains stayed below freezing throughout the day?

Bummer! Hope you're feeling better today. Temps maxed out at maybe lower to mid 20's. The snow at the base didn't get really soft. We were there until about 1ish. The only real melt we saw was in the parkinglot.

Great shots WoodCore...the view was unreal. At the top of the Shooting Star lift, you could see the North Face of Mount Snow. And so true; plenty of winter left in the mountains of SoVT.

Domeskier

Glenn summed up the conditions pretty well! Good turns were had on East Meadow, Switchback, Snow Bowl Alley, Liftline and Sunriser. Great to rip some huge high speed GS turns down a freshly groomed Freefall! Weather was stellar and the crowds light! To make things better there were $5 Long Trails at Grizzly's and The Kind Buds were rocking out! Glad to be done Coaching and back on the free-ski circuit!

Here's some pictures.

Is this open to the public? Looks awesome!