• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton Mountain - 03.12.2016

WoodCore

Despite the horrid weather, the mountain ops did a fantastic job piecing the hill back together. The were many good turns to be had for sure. Amazing how a super nice bluebird spring day can make all the short comings of this ski season fade to the background, albeit for only a short time, the time was bliss.

Some Pics....

P1030636.JPG

P10306311.JPG

P1030625.JPG

The "Squirrel's Nest" - So that's what I've been skiing over all these years.

P1030645.JPG

"Big Ski" on Black Bear

P1030656.JPG

mriceyman

God that squirrels nest pick looks like its summer! I love those woods

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Glenn

Nice pics! Fingers crossed there's enough snow for the next few weekends.

drjeff

Nice pics! Fingers crossed there's enough snow for the next few weekends.

One of the Stratton race coaches who was at the race E was at in New Hampshire last weekend said that she's been told that skiing through Easter weekend shouldn't be an issue unless it remains 60+ during the majority of days and it doesn't get cold enough to set the base up at night. After Easter Sunday, she said that from what she's been told that it's more likely than not that they won't be open, especially if the crowds are light the next 2 weekends....

Domeskier

Despite the horrid weather, the mountain ops did a fantastic job piecing the hill back together. The were many good turns to be had for sure. Amazing how a super nice bluebird spring day can make all the short comings of this ski season fade to the background, albeit for only a short time, the time was bliss.

Some Pics....

P1030656.JPG

Wow. Hunter's BlueBoy would have a field day on that trail.