• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton Thread

ghughes20

Thanks for the update. Gettin my ducks in a row for a day trip! Maybe magic
A little bit of freezing rain starting mixing in around 3p. The temp at the base is 29 degrees, so, if it falls wet, it will freeze. There may be a temp inversion going on, not sure. Tonight is expected to get much colder with wrap around snow expected. Tomorrow should be great no matter where you go!!

ghughes20

When was the last time a storm over-delivered to this extent? Just an epic day today, it’s still snowing - and to be able to share it with the daughters!!

IMG_2965.jpeg

Zermatt

Brief period of sleet and freezing rain around 3pm when we drove through Manchester but quickly went back to all snow and nuking in Dorset for the past 2 hours.

ghughes20

How did it over perform? It was supposed to be up to 2’ at some places.
They backed off the forcast for southern VT yesterday. Killington and east into Maine were supposed to be in bullseye for over 1’. The rain was supposed to suppress things at Stratton. The rain line stayed south of us for most of the day. Back to all snow now, and still dumping. Now if you excuse me, I have to put on the snow shoes to walk the dogs!!

WoodCore

Absolutely nuking up here right now! The deck was bare yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_4219.jpeg
    IMG_4219.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7

NYDB

grooming 55/77 trails tonight. Epic!

Now that Magic has Black Spinning, there really isn't a good reason to go anywhere else on a powder day in Southern VT.

Its one of those - if you know, you know situations.

letitsnow1

It was exactly as forecasted by nbc5 Burlington, the had 18+ for the mountains on last night's news

Zermatt

grooming 55/77 trails tonight. Epic!

Now that Magic has Black Spinning, there really isn't a good reason to go anywhere else on a powder day in Southern VT.

Its one of those - if you know, you know situations.
I don’t see them grooming that many trails just because there is so much snow to push around.

After 4pm I’d guess at least another 4” fell and maybe up to 10”. Just winding down now in Dorset.

Mailman

They absolutely have to groom some of it. The trails were pretty empty this afternoon, and I’m pretty sure part of the reason is that a lot of people can’t or won’t ski bumps, which was required on pretty much every trail. I think a. Lot of people just gave up and went in.

I’ll be skiing trees and ungroomed tomorrow, but I have no issue with them grooming a portion of the trails for people who want something different.

Zermatt

They absolutely have to groom some of it. The trails were pretty empty this afternoon, and I’m pretty sure part of the reason is that a lot of people can’t or won’t ski bumps, which was required on pretty much every trail. I think a. Lot of people just gave up and went in.

I’ll be skiing trees and ungroomed tomorrow, but I have no issue with them grooming a portion of the trails for people who want something different.
The retreat was noticeable.

I just don’t seem them grooming that many trails because of physical constraints

ghughes20

Epic day today. Sunny, not too cold, low winds, plenty of powder to be found.

Attachments

• IMG_2972.jpeg
    IMG_2972.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 18