• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton Thread

ghughes20

LiftBlog reporting that after Tamarack is replaced, Gondola may be next to go and considerations are underway to replace with either a Bubble 6 or 8 Chair, likely meaning Dopp D Line Tech.
Great article at LiftBlog!! Thank you for pointing this out. Tamarack is due for a replacement and terminating a little on the higher on the mountain would be welcomed by the regulars. Replacing the Gondi is a significant investment. Anything more wind resistant is essential.

Vter

The Asshole speaks again !
Krusty your the pits, Man
People love thier hill…I don’t think anyone in their right mind cares what you think. They are all lovely hills in the end. People spend thier hard earned money to have a ski hill that they call theirs and that they love. It doesn’t matter that you pick & choose, then insult. F off & stay off my lawn !
I could pick you out in a heartbeat at any hill, highway, restaurant, hotel etc and Run !

Zermatt

People love thier hill…I don’t think anyone in their right mind cares what you think. They are all lovely hills in the end. People spend thier hard earned money to have a ski hill that they call theirs and that they love. It doesn’t matter that you pick & choose, then insult. F off & stay off my lawn !
I could pick you out in a heartbeat at any hill, highway, restaurant, hotel etc and Run !
*Their. Can’t fathom how you spelled it both right and wrong like five times in one paragraph.

KustyTheKlown

Hey man. Fuck off.

ColdRain&Snow

Last day for me here today. Lots of bare spots but all in all the upper mountain was pretty good. Sun peeking out was pretty hot, everything mushy early afternoon. High probability I’ll be spending a lot more time based here next season.

Took the scenic route and stopped at somewhere on the mountain on the way to Killington.

ghughes20

Last day for me here today. Lots of bare spots but all in all the upper mountain was pretty good. Sun peeking out was pretty hot, everything mushy early afternoon. High probability I’ll be spending a lot more time based here next season.

Took the scenic route and stopped at somewhere on the mountain on the way to Killington.
Snow gods delivered the goods this week. My last weekend, but finishing strong. Pond skim tomorrow. Should be fun.

Attachments

• IMG_2981.jpeg
    IMG_2981.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2985.jpeg
    IMG_2985.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2982.jpeg
    IMG_2982.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15

ghughes20

And that’s a wrap for me. Another good day at Stratton. The snow held up most of the day, only getting a little “spring-ish” by the afternoon. A remarkable end to a meh season.

Attachments

• IMG_2990.jpeg
    IMG_2990.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2986.jpeg
    IMG_2986.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2988.jpeg
    IMG_2988.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 10

KustyTheKlown

I was super pleased with the snow at Stratton today. Magic on Saturday had gone thru a freeze thaw. Stratton definitely did not experience that, with high elevation skiing so soft and nice all the way to my 2 pm departure. Good day. Fun when the woods are in play and they let some runs bump up too

When the snow is good in SoVT my life is so easy. Love getting home by 6. Just did groceries and took a shower and picked up dinner all before 8

Lotta cars heading north!

drjeff

I was super pleased with the snow at Stratton today. Magic on Saturday had gone thru a freeze thaw. Stratton definitely did not experience that, with high elevation skiing so soft and nice all the way to my 2 pm departure. Good day. Fun when the woods are in play and they let some runs bump up too

When the snow is good in SoVT my life is so easy. Love getting home by 6. Just did groceries and took a shower and picked up dinner all before 8

Might be the only night in the closing in on 18yrs my wife and I have owned our condo at Mount Snow that during ski season there are actually MORE cars in the condo parking lots (still a light to low moderate volume) than there were on Saturday night!

ghughes20

Might be the only night in the closing in on 18yrs my wife and I have owned our condo at Mount Snow that during ski season there are actually MORE cars in the condo parking lots (still a light to low moderate volume) than there were on Saturday night!
A lot of Campers and Winnebagos heading north on the thruway, I was glad to be heading the other way.

Killingtime

I was about 5th in line at the gondola yesterday morning. Everything skied great. Took some time to watch the pond skim which was very well attended. They still have lots of snow but I'm not a regular there so I don't know how much longer they will stay open. Two more weeks?

The Sneak

Yeah I'm wondering the same. I'm wondering if I can get in 1 more day but it depends on their closing date.

KustyTheKlown

I am hoping they are running weekend of the 20th. I have 3 killington days id like to stretch into 3 more trips this season

cdskier

They’ve been quiet on date but historically April 15th ish is it……

At the moment at least they only have tickets available for sale through next weekend. Maybe waiting to see how the weather is before making a decision on whether next weekend is their last or not?

ghughes20

At the moment at least they only have tickets available for sale through next weekend. Maybe waiting to see how the weather is before making a decision on whether next weekend is their last or not?
Next weekend is the close, so Sunday will be the last day. They'll lose snow this week with the warm temps and rain expected later in the week.

Many of the village restaurants are closed for the season already. Mulligans and Fire Tower are now closed until Summer.