• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stuck on a tram overnight…

jimk

Heck of a way to ring in the New Year! Sounds like the guy in the tram all by himself had the worst of it, but I'm glad they all got out safely. They'll have a New Year's Eve story to tell their grandchildren.

So Inclined

People could've just Where-Eagles-Dare'd it 😲😲

No but really, I've been on that tram and really would not relish being stuck over one of the spots where it's like, 400 feet over the ground.

MidnightJester

The womans Heavenly story is a little wild to say the least. Off of reading a day ago in mind

1- supposedly helped down by ski patrol or worker to midstation atleast.
2- friends report missing around closing or after
3- found next day when gondola car is brought to station.

The videos of the cameras at that station should be interesting

Mum skier

The womans Heavenly story is a little wild to say the least. Off of reading a day ago in mind

1- supposedly helped down by ski patrol or worker to midstation atleast.
2- friends report missing around closing or after
3- found next day when gondola car is brought to station.

The videos of the cameras at that station should be interesting
You can't ski down from that Gondola and there is no midstation. So if a worker "helped" her into the Gondola surely that worker also had to descend using it. As well as all the lifties, ski patrol and servers/cleaners/other staff at the lodge. The only way down is the Gondola.

urungus

You can't ski down from that Gondola and there is no midstation. So if a worker "helped" her into the Gondola surely that worker also had to descend using it. As well as all the lifties, ski patrol and servers/cleaners/other staff at the lodge. The only way down is the Gondola.
You can’t ski down to the gondola base in the Village from the top of the gondola, but you can ski down to other base lodges that have parking. Also the gondola does have a mid-station at the observation deck / cafe blue

BenedictGomez

I'm requesting a Katz meme for this plz
Someones..in trouble..

"Nobody's in trouble. This is a new free outdoor nature experience offered at all Vail Resorts called, "Night on the Lift"; similar to "Night at the Museum".

Here's how our lawyers....errrr.... marketing department explains it.
The transition of mountain from day to night orchestrates a mesmerizing transformation in the natural world, unveiling a distinct realm brimming with enchantment. As the sun dips below the horizon, the vibrant hues of daylight yield to the subtle palette of the nocturnal hours. The once bustling symphony of diurnal creatures gradually gives way to the nocturnal melodies of elk, moose, and night birds. The moon ascends, casting its ethereal glow upon the landscape, while stars emerge like celestial diamonds scattered across the vast, velvety canvas of the night sky. In this nocturnal sanctuary, shadows playfully dance among the mountain ridges, and the cool night air carries whispers of mystery. NOTE: Vail Mountain Resorts not responsible for any injury, including freezing to death. Participants responsible for bringing their own food & water. No bathroom facilities provided.

2011-Portrait-No-Jacket-877x1240.jpg

Mum skier

You can’t ski down to the gondola base in the Village from the top of the gondola, but you can ski down to other base lodges that have parking. Also the gondola does have a mid-station at the observation deck / cafe blue
Ahh… so it is possible that a liftie (or someone else) let her in and then made his way to a base on skis. We only downloaded in the gondola when we were there.

BenedictGomez

I spied something new today. Golly, I wonder what precipitated this!

Attachments

• thumbnail_20240214_122308.jpg
    thumbnail_20240214_122308.jpg
    847.5 KB · Views: 41

BenedictGomez

Yeah, I don't know. I found it on Google. It was linked to an article. It does seem a bit odd looking. I had been saving it for the right moment. :ROFLMAO:
Normally I'd just assume it's fake, but given Katz has people photograph him everywhere but at the urinal, it's tough to know for sure.

Bratwurst

lynch.jpg

...intercepted emails Vail Resorts from Kirsten Lynch to Rob Katz
:):)
Kirsten Lynch: As SHEEO of Vail Resorts, I'm very excited to announce a new feature at all Vail Resorts areas-Little Bobbie's Clown Snowball Dunk Chair starring Rob Katz!!! It's like a clown dunk tank except we throw snowballs at the clown (you) trying to knock you off the chair
Rob Katz: I don't appreciate you supergluing my ass to the chair
KL: Safety First I always say. Don't want the Chairman of the Bored falling out of the chair when you get hit with iceballs
RK: ICEBALLS!!!
KL: All pass holders get access to unlimited Iceballs. Just a way to let our epic passholder family show their appreciation for all you've done.
RK: is that why Mountain ops is turning all the whales into snowball piles?
KL: You're so observant.
RK: Do you know who I am?? I'm a hedge fund Boss. I have more money than God. They're just jealous of all my success. Why can't we just plant some minion or riff-raff or a serf to do it.
KL: Oh no little bobbie. It's the revenge of the hoi-polloi. Be a good sport
RK: This sounds like something TrailBoss and his flunkies @ AZ would pull. I'm gonna buy Alta and turn it into a snowboard only area. Payback is a bitch.....

:):)