• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush - 3/3/2008

Greg

Staff member
Date(s) Skied: Monday, 3/3/2008 , 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm

Resort or Ski Area: Sugarbush Vermont

Conditions: Variable surface bumps, clearing skies. Warm.

Trip Report: Crazy weather today. We woke up to strong and warm SW winds, with some sleet and rain. I sent my wife out with my father-in-law to ski the morning. Abby and I went out later in the morning and took a few runs off the magic carpet. Abby then wanted to try the Gatehouse lift, but that was ended when we got pelted with sleet and wind which stung her face.

Joe and I then went out after lunch and headed right to Castlerock. First run on CR Run, Middle Earth, Rumble, Liftline, Middle Earth again and then finished up again on Rumble. CR Run has smaller tacky bumps. ME had more powdery bumps with some firmer scratchy bumps lower down. Rumble was nice. Softish sweeping bumps. Liftline had a few challenging areas, but mostly sticky but nice bumps.

At 3:15 we beelined it to the base to ski with the kids. Met up with pops-in-law who celebrated his 61st birthday today by skiing Lincoln Peak, open to close; in the morning with his daughter and in the afternoon with his granddaughter and me. Took two runs with Abby off the magic carpet and then a final run down Pushover. Saw Lostone at the bottom.

Off to Egan's tonight for Dan's B-day and then to Mount Ellen tomorrow to scope the bumps. Hoping for good weather. Today turned out surprisingly good once the warm front cleared the area.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Sounds like you did not have the freezing rain that we had at Burke which trashed the snow in about 20 minutes.... :roll:

Greg

Staff member
Sounds like a good day despite questionable weather!

Not just good, but excellent. We'll be hitting Ellen in the rain tomorrow morning. Soft bumps. Bring it on!