• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush condo question

El Bishop

Anyone ever rented a condo at Mt. Ellen but used the shuttle to get over to Lincoln every day? Wondering how much of a PIA it is. Thanks

ScottySkis

It takes 15 minutes or so, but I never did it from rental just skiing at Elllen and took it to car at Lincoln, it was fine for me.

steamboat1

I've never stayed at a condo at Sugarbush north or south. However I have used the shuttle between the two areas numerous times. It runs pretty regularly & doesn't take to long between the two areas. It saves the hassle of taking your ski boots on & off to drive over & having to find a parking spot. If the connector chair is running that's even better.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Are you going during a weekend or holiday? If so, the Slide Brook Express runs from 10-2 or something like that.

And why drive to LP? ME has plenty to offer and much less in terms of crowds......

El Bishop

Thanks -- sounds like an easy option. Anyone familiar with how the Mad Bus runs in the evening? Regular schedule seems to end at 4 but if one is enjoying an apres beer and misses the last bus, how does the evening bus service work? Doesn't seem to be on a set schedule.

Thanks again

thetrailboss

Staff member
Thanks -- sounds like an easy option. Anyone familiar with how the Mad Bus runs in the evening? Regular schedule seems to end at 4 but if one is enjoying an apres beer and misses the last bus, how does the evening bus service work? Doesn't seem to be on a set schedule.

Thanks again

So you're not bringing a car?

If that is the case, I'd suggest LP instead because ME only has a lodge at the base and one pub. That's it. LP has more going on in terms of pubs, food, entertainment, etc.

El Bishop

No - we're bringing a car. I omitted a level of complexity from the scenario. Our young son will be going to LP each morning for lessons so either my wife or I will come back in the car with him early afternoon. Then whoever stays behind at LP will come back on shuttle to ME.

thetrailboss

Staff member
No - we're bringing a car. I omitted a level of complexity from the scenario. Our young son will be going to LP each morning for lessons so either my wife or I will come back in the car with him early afternoon. Then whoever stays behind at LP will come back on shuttle to ME.

They don't offer the lessons at ME? When are you going?

El Bishop

They may but the little kids' programs are at LP. Going for the whole winter, I hope! (or at least every weekend)

thetrailboss

Staff member
They may but the little kids' programs are at LP. Going for the whole winter, I hope! (or at least every weekend)

Oh, OK. Got it. I was under the impression that you were going up for a one-time visit.

You will enjoy the quiet of that side. The drive is very short, but don't drive German Flats too fast as there is a lot of traffic for that road and it can get icy/snowy (with others driving it too fast).

WWF-VT

Thanks again

The Mad Bus is an easy way to go from Mt Ellen to Lincoln Peak. After 6 PM the option is the "Valley Evening" service that that runs on the hour and will drop you off on German Flats Rd - it does not go up Mt Ellen Rd and drop off at the base lodge.