• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush from CT

Mullen

Leaving in a couple hrs. What is going to be my fastest way? I've always taken 91 to 89 to exit 9 and back tracked down 100B to 100s.

Is it any faster to get off exit 3 on 89 and go 107 to 100 north through Granville gap?

gmcunni

that's the way i went last week, i prefer the highway were i can do 75mph.

i've taken the exit 3 shortcut once, but rather than 107 i was on Bethel Mountain road. it was a little shorter but the roads were snow covered going over the mountain when it hadn't snowed recently and the rest of the roads were clear. had i not had a good snow vehicle i'd have been stuck.

skifree

hit the wormhole in holyoke..much faster

also never stop at mardi gras on way up. way home is ok though

WWF-VT

Exit 3 is fewer miles, nice drive through the Granville Gulf. Exit 9 is all highway and only approximately 20 miles on Rte 100
They both take about the same amount of drive time.

bdfreetuna

Bethel Mountain Road if you're going to Sugarbush South and/or the roads are relatively clear and/or you have AWD and like driving on snowy roads.

Exit 9 > 100B > 100 if you're going to Mt. Ellen and/or you prefer to keep driving on the highway.

Similar drive times but it depends on the conditions of Bethel Mt Road

Mullen

Thanks for the replys....leavin now. I'll prob just stick to the hwy route.

frapcap

Exit 3 is fewer miles, nice drive through the Granville Gulf. Exit 9 is all highway and only approximately 20 miles on Rte 100
They both take about the same amount of drive time.

Are there a lot of turns and good pavement? I haven't been this way but am wondering if it is a contender for a good twisty summer road for a cruise later in the year.

dmw

Are there a lot of turns and good pavement? I haven't been this way but am wondering if it is a contender for a good twisty summer road for a cruise later in the year.

I don't know it well, but a friend of mine has crashed his motorcycle in that area... twice... so probably yes!

WWF-VT

Lots of turns on Rt 107 and Rt 100 and there are many sections that had to be repaved after Tropical Storm Irene. From Granville to Warren is about a 7 mile stretch of unique road that includes Moss Glen Falls and the head of the Mad River which flows north.