• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf - November 21, 2012

salsgang

Date(s) Skied: November 21, 2012
Resort or Ski Area: Sugarloaf
Conditions: Man Made PP / LG
Trip Report: Sugarloaf was early season awesome today. Five legit ways down the mountain (Tote Road, Kings Landing, Hayburner, Skidder, Sluice) offering great early-season skiing. Great coverage - you can bring your good skis. They have really done a great job getting the season going. MAINE SKIING ROCKS.

Full trip report and pics at my blog.
http://maineskifamily.blogspot.com/2012/11/sugarloaf-november-21-2012.html

sloafIsaac1.jpg

Attachments

• sloafIsaac1.jpg
    sloafIsaac1.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 131

salsgang

Always look forward to your TR's. Not many rocks? At the River, there are more and more rocks showing up. I think the rototiller (groomer) is bringing them up. We need some snow making weather, or better yet, the real stuff! I gotta get to the loaf this season.

When we were there on Wednesday had no issues with rocks. In some more recent reports I have heard some rocks showing through on the heavily used cross cuts etc. Looks like some cold temps should help snowmakers get back at it.

bigbog

Only areas I've encountered(by memory) at SL are the upper pitched portion of Upper Windrow(I think?....wish they'd work on that<Maybe have?>) and the Chicken Pitch area on ToteRoad...where one most always encounter a parked skier or two.
*Colder temps up here today(Sunday).....hopefully will stick around.