• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Summer slopeside getaway?

ADKme

Any ideas for a weekend getaway in the next couple weekends to a slopeside hotel in the Northeast with a nice pool, maybe poolside bar/band? I don't mind enjoying the 4-star accommodations at 2-star prices during the summer. Thanks!

AdironRider

Noone is going to rock poolside bands unless there is an event going on, and then the rooms will not be discounted. Makes zero financial sense.

Minus the band, I would gander Jay Peak is the best for this currently.

Huck_It_Baby

Any ideas for a weekend getaway in the next couple weekends to a slopeside hotel in the Northeast with a nice pool, maybe poolside bar/band? I don't mind enjoying the 4-star accommodations at 2-star prices during the summer. Thanks!

Yep go to Jay Peak. The have the indoor water park with a bar and I THINK the glass roof can retract so there is open sky above you.

http://www.jaypeakresort.com/pumphouse/waterpark

They have a Splash and stay package.

BenedictGomez

Does Jay Peak have a swimming pool though? If it does, I'm not sure where it is.

Smuggs has a swimming pool and a waterpark. The waterpark isnt anywhere near as good as JP's waterpark, but there's a lot more to do around Smuggs in the summer than there is around JP (notch, Sterling Pond hike, Stowe, etc..).

If you golf, the JP golf course (played there a few weeks ago) is better than Stowe's old golf course, but I hear the new course at Stowe is amazing.

vcunning

Take a look at Mount Snow's website. At the Grand Summit Hotel, they have a poolside Cabana Bar on Friday nights with musical entertainment. Just down the road on 100 is The Last Chair Bar and Grill which features entertainment on the deck and some pretty good food.

drjeff

I would be looking at the brewfest at Mount Snow in 2 weeks. Lots of fun stuff going on.

And as they've said on their website (and I'll concur after having attended the last 5 Brewfests), it's not exactly a kid friendly event, especially young kids!! - Meaning that Brewfest is about a bunch of beers and ciders on tap, a band playing and some food to munch on along with a pretty big horseshoe tournament. Not too many things going on to keep the young ones occupied (that's what Oktoberfest at Mount Snow is for)

My wife and I brought our kids to the 1st Brewfest that we attended, and ever since then we've made sure far in advance that Labor Day Weekend the kids are at one of their Grandparents houses, while my wife and I and some good friends are up in VT :) :beer: