• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River 2013-12-15

uphillklimber

Resort or Ski Area
Attitash
Date
May 5, 2021
Snow Conditions
  1. Powder
x

Last edited:

nanjil

sorry you could not go up there. I made it yesterday driving on I-95. Most of the time it seemed like my car was the only one on the road. drove thru near slush in boston to 12 deg/powder snow near portland. got sking from 1-4PM with all the usual suspects (= who are crazy to drive on a day like that. The snow was denser than expected but whole lot of fun. favorite was the short , sweet and never disappointing lock line . legs are toast. Ski patrol guys was telling me that in order to open the trees they need more snow. He was also hoping that win will not blow the snow away.

Vortex

Sat it was -5 to start the day and I felt it. I waited until it was above 0 around 9am to go out. Turns were great. Sunday I did not wait. We hit White heat and Obsession right off. Right side of heat was untouched, it was fantastic. Simiilar on Obession. Run of the day was Upper Tempest. Spots were waist deep with the way the wind Had blown the snow into skiers right. Short guys rule on powder days.

catherine

Envious.... how I wish I was skiing this week. Christmas is coming and I am way behind with the shopping.