• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River 22-23

thebigo

Rode up with patrol today, she said the 'glade crew' this summer has grown to five vs two last summer. Full time year round position with benefits: patrol in the winter, cut glades in the summer, both on and off map. Wanted to get more information where they would be cutting but her walkie went off.

Hawk

Not you, Barry.
Yes
I saw Danny at the Griz the other day
First time in two years
Yup he Covertly bought a Pass. He skied runs for the first time in 2 years. Never said anything. Wish I knew I might have gone to SR to ski with him. Nicky was as Sugarbush with us this past Weekend. She can still ski well.

KustyTheKlown

I’ve been watching so much Donny content the past few days that I’m involuntarily picking up a friggin wicked over the top northern new england accent. it’s mint, bub. At killintin on satiday I ordahed a “budweisa” for the pond skim

Hawk

The whole Donny thing cracks me up. But that whole Maine local comedy thing has been around for years. Bob Marley is pretty hilarious and O'Chang Comics with Green Bud Kelly is pretty funny. I think they might have predated Bob Marley.

urungus

I love Donny’s out of control skiing style on his super long skis, you have to be a true expert to ski like that without crashing

thebigo

I love Donny’s out of control skiing style on his super long skis, you have to be a true expert to ski like that without crashing
You have to be very good to look that bad.

Stayed in the grand saturday night. Kids and wife wanted to go swimming after dinner, figured I would head down to camp for a beer. Ran into a bunch of folks gassing bud light cans in the hallway. Turned out to be troy (donny), his parents and a few random canadians. They invited me to dinner, spent an hour shooting the shit, nicest people you will ever meet.

Andrew B.

Stayed in the grand saturday night. Kids and wife wanted to go swimming after dinner, figured I would head down to camp for a beer. Ran into a bunch of folks gassing bud light cans in the hallway. Turned out to be troy (donny), his parents and a few random canadians. They invited me to dinner, spent an hour shooting the shit, nicest people you will ever meet.
Nancy and Matt are great folks!

Andrew B.

Yup he Covertly bought a Pass. He skied runs for the first time in 2 years. Never said anything. Wish I knew I might have gone to SR to ski with him. Nicky was as Sugarbush with us this past Weekend. She can still ski well.
Took a few runs with her early this year.
She can still turn ‘em.

Newpylong

Its hilarious when he does it. When everyone and their brother is out there imitating him it gets old IMO.

kbroderick

Jeezum bub, those Canadians kept after it. I ran into that crew when I stopped by to chat with Matt in the Barker lot late Saturday afternoon, I'm glad I ran away if the festivities kept going long enough to relocate to the hotel.

machski

Rode up with patrol today, she said the 'glade crew' this summer has grown to five vs two last summer. Full time year round position with benefits: patrol in the winter, cut glades in the summer, both on and off map. Wanted to get more information where they would be cutting but her walkie went off.
They certainly have more than enough maintenance to get to in the western end of the marked glades. I like a little bush, but some of that is getting downright Amazonian!

machski

Clearing work has started for the new B6 chair. I pulled this photo off FB as I know a link doesn't work for everyone (Mark Lewis credited). Definitely a wider exit to Agony now and hard to tell for sure, but looks like skier's left of Rocking Chair has been trimmed back at the brook entrance as well. I would suspect upper Agony and the entrance at the split to Top Gun will be considerably wider as well but hopefully not too much wider.
Screenshot_20230510-082053.png

machski

I'm sure that pipe was pretty much junk anyway. When was the last time they actually blew agony.
Not the last 2 years, but I believe they did the year before. They haven't hit it hard in probably a decade (it's been lightly made and the guns have been directed away from the lift, almost stright up or down the pipe side of the trail when they have made it).

Agree the old pipe is likely getting yanked with the tree work.

Also, SR just posted on FB the cross arms and sheave sets are getting helicoptered out today. Not sure what they will do on tower removal, most are hard mounted in the foundations.