• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River 22-23

Newpylong

This picture depicts a lift much longer than the stats that I read on liftblog. That's gotta be 3K feet. They must not have completed the trail down to the base yet.

machski

The glade will probably be open to the trail for the top 100 yards I would bet. I'm sorry but hearing Hollywood always makes me cringe. That was originally created by my late great friend Jasper and the crew in 1990 and it had a totally different name.
I am aware of it's previous incarnation

Newpylong

Good on them for the cause but damn isn't Poma still deploying those chairs on new builds? These aren't 40 year old Yan triple chairs.

bigbob

Good on them for the cause but damn isn't Poma still deploying those chairs on new builds? These aren't 40 year old Yan triple chairs.
Boyne seems to only install Dopplemayer machines.
I assume they don't have a use for them on any of there other existing chairs, so get a tax credit for donating them to charity?

machski

Boyne seems to only install Dopplemayer machines.
I assume they don't have a use for them on any of there other existing chairs, so get a tax credit for donating them to charity?
Pretty much and they have a ton of the Poma Quad chairs in a lot down below the Summit hotel as well. South Ridge Express is their last remaining Poma Quad in the East, pretty sure they have enough spare carriers til that goes away in the not too distant future.

Newpylong

Valve station work has recommenced on Aurora and Oz. The Oz house is interesting in that along with 8" valves for Lost Princess, Eureka and LP/Cowardly, it has a 8" blind flange for a future Lift 15 trail and a bigger 12" blind flange for a peak behind Oz.

The North Peak pumphouse will be sending water to Aurora, Oz and Jordan at 6,000 GPM, with a full build out at 9,000 GPM in the future. That is enough volume to run 3 medium T2B trails on any of those peaks or 2 longer ones.

Smellytele

Also thinking of the Map the only logic next step is having to blow all of Kansas/lights out and cyclone/statefair. 2 of the most boring traverses on Earth.