• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River 22-23

Keelhauled

Also, SR just posted on FB the cross arms and sheave sets are getting helicoptered out today. Not sure what they will do on tower removal, most are hard mounted in the foundations.

O-vaR9.gif

Newpylong

Well based on what I saw at the River I'd say Agony was widened by nearly 50% at the bottom and tapering less towards the top (but still substantial) to accommodate the different alignment.

Last edited:

Dickc

No facebook at my company. What does it say.
"Since we called last chair on the Barker quad back on April 16, we've made significant progress on the new Barker 6. But that's just the beginning.
Teams have started work on our second Merrill Hill lift, as well as three major snowmaking infrastructure projects. All in all, we've been keeping pretty busy this summer.
The countdown to the 2023-24 season is on."

Hawk

It's going down the back side Of Merril? Interesting. Do you think they will allow the Public to park and access from there?

Dickc

I don't think there is planned to be any parking to speak of there.
There are private homes on that stretch of MonkeyBrook road. Those inhabitants would LOVE to use MH2 for access to Sunday River. I think that os more the question.

BodeMiller1

There are private homes on that stretch of MonkeyBrook road. Those inhabitants would LOVE to use MH2 for access to Sunday River. I think that os more the question.
It's a long ride in on a snowy day. The people out toward the twin bridges should be able to get to the mountian on there own dime.

- On a side note Herald said the bridges were not lined up right. More likely they are offset to check the speed on the logging trucks.

Yep

Last edited:

machski

It's going down the back side Of Merril? Interesting. Do you think they will allow the Public to park and access from there?
No, no public access. I did not think they would extend the lift as far down the back as they are given this is to serve the MH development primarily. Have heard multiple ways they may be trying to limit access all the way up to lift will have RFID gates that will not allow access unless you have already scanned elsewhere on mountain that day. If that is the case, then backside owners must have a unique RFID card then?? Will be interesting to see how they work this and where exactly the base terminal lands.

Newpylong

Based on the lift stats I've seen and the existing visible Lftline, that places the lower terminal around here, so not very far down, just enough to cover MH.

Screenshot_20230712_061208_Earth.jpg

machski

Holy cow. The really widended Agony.....Again. They should downgrade it to be blue now. LOL
Yup, due to the relocation of the lift base terminal. The new line goes up almost over the old Double's line just it's a 6 so needed even more skier's left tree line clearance. They had trimmed back mid trail and bow prior to last season so we got an idea of the new width. I'm curious to see how impacted upper Hollywood is now that they cleared it all the way to the top.

Hawk

The glade will probably be open to the trail for the top 100 yards I would bet. I'm sorry but hearing Hollywood always makes me cringe. That was originally created by my late great friend Jasper and the crew in 1990 and it had a totally different name.