• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River 22-23

Andrew B.

they confiscated everything. even the stuff we didn't steal.

msdnala_ec135.jpg
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

machski

And this isn’t even where the lift is and it looks like the mass pike
What do you want, it is right off the Chondi (which has similar capacity to J8) and is the new entrance onto lower AmEx they created this summer witht he Spruce snowmaking rebuild. Attracks everyone now right off the Chondi onto AmEx (the good news is Lower DD and Grand Rapids sees less traffic and stays in much better shape all day).

Granite1

granite must’ve hazed the fuck out of the pledges at his unh frat :)
You're starting to make as many false statements as deadhead skier. Don't let him know you want to have lunch with me at Stratton. He doesn't think I've ever skied with anyone from Alpine Zone-even though I have at Cannon. I didn't go to UNH-I went to Lyndon State in Vermont (on the ski team), Plattsburgh State (Whiteface Alpine Training Center racer) and McGill University in Montreal, I was certainly not a frat boy.

Granite1

LOL Bode I seldom understand what the fuck your point is. But I am sure it very meaningful. Carry on.
I'll say it again. To Know him is to understand him-to understand him is to know him. If you do not know him you do not understand him. If you do not understand him you do not know him.

Hawk

That can be said about anybody. Especially on the internet. There are so many people with alter egos and it is nearly impossible to understand what they are really about.

KustyTheKlown

i dont like being >5 hours or so from home on Sunday, but this borderline saturday night storm situation seems to favor points east. just booked gorham for sat night and will hit the river sunday. long drive home.

BodeMiller1

Merci

Attached below is a current snap shot of the Ski Esta webcam. This should get this thread back on topic and make clear things up.

Attachments

• FOG.jpg
    FOG.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 11

2Planker

Made some of my best life long friendships in my c
i dont like being >5 hours or so from home on Sunday, but this borderline saturday night storm situation seems to favor points east. just booked gorham for sat night and will hit the river sunday. long drive home.
T&C ??

Hit Nonna's for Italian or The Notch Grill
Also like the Road Hawg BBQ place and that Chinese place has a killer buffett :)

Hawk

There is also a new Brewery with good food called Big Day Brewing on Rt 16 just off Rt 2. I good friend of mine opened it up last year. I like the Gravity Quest or the Secret 7.

KustyTheKlown

Made some of my best life long friendships in my c

T&C ??

Hit Nonna's for Italian or The Notch Grill
Also like the Road Hawg BBQ place and that Chinese place has a killer buffett :)

nah, the top notch. its actually semi-nice and its always like $100

i love that china buffet in gorham lol. i hit the china buffet in white river junction last weekend and was unimpressed.

i have considered nonna's before. I've read that its actually quite awesome for rural new hampshire Italian food.

2Planker

Never figure out why SAaLT was closed for a while

Always forget about them BUT excellent Bistro style pub in Gham

KustyTheKlown

thats the one.i mentioned in whatever thread where we were talking about gorham how i had an unexpectedly excellent and modern meal in gorham but couldn't remember the name. it was def saalt. are they back?

edit - looks like they are called libby's now, or are two-in-one, and they close seasonally for winter - https://www.libbysbistro.org/

djd66

Chinese Buffet (or any chinese food) anywhere in Northern New England does not sound very appealing!

2Planker

Chinese Buffet (or any chinese food) anywhere in Northern New England does not sound very appealing!
Hey, I work in Boston's Chinatown and certainly know good chinese food. The place in Gorham is pretty damn good.
It is the only chinese place in NH/ME that I have ever recommended to anyone. It ain't China Pearl but I'd give it a B+

Last edited:

kbroderick

Well, if too many people could utter the second sentence, it might explain why they have trouble staying open.

I got the impression that they struggled to maintain a consistent level of business that kept the place in the black. My suspicion is that if they were half an hour further east or south, their only problem would be the length of the line out the door. Definitely one of my favorite spots in Gorham; Nonna's seemed pretty solid as well, but since gluten doesn't agree with me, my options were fairly limited there.

KustyTheKlown

saalt really didnt fit there. as you said, its too far from sunday river and too far from conway and too far from lincoln. it would crush in any of those places.

i was shocked by the quality and variety and depth of the food there. in the biggest nyc food snob way possible. it was like a Brooklyn restaurant.

2Planker

saalt really didnt fit there. as you said, its too far from sunday river and too far from conway and too far from lincoln. it would crush in any of those places.

i was shocked by the quality and variety and depth of the food there. in the biggest nyc food snob way possible. it was like a Brooklyn restaurant.
They supposedly looked for space in N Conway, But were priced out.... They prob should have taken whatever they could get. Would have made a killing in N Conway

Last edited:

Hawk

Hey, I work in Boston's Chinatown and certainly know good chinese food. The place in Gorham is pretty damn good.
It is the only chinese place in NH/ME that I have ever recommended to anyone. It ain't China Pearl but I'd give it a B+
I work just down the street in the financial district. I like Chna Pearl a lot. Did you ever go to the Gormet Dumpling House? They closed just after the pandemic broke. I miss them. They had the best szechuan fish soup and dumplings.
I'll have to try that place in Gorham.