• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown 2.9.13

Madroch

Great Day at the instiitution. Roads were closed by gov.. so traffic was thin (4 of us) to start. Props to Sundown for getting open and the free coffee while we waited for ambulanece coverage and patrol... well done.

Vid provides the TR... not much of a powder skier so took me a while to get the hang of it...

legalskier

Sweet! Who'd ever think they'd be needing fat boys to ski in Ct? :p

Good for Sundown!

bvibert

Staff member
I had a great time skiing at Sugarloaf this weekend, but I'm still totally bummed that I missed out on this!

emmaurice2

Nice vid, not often that one gets to lap and make fresh tracks in CT! I couldn't get out of my driveway or I would've been there.

planb420

Damn that was an AWESOME snowboarder at the beginning. Glad we could share this experience man.....1 of the 4 original horsemen that day!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Wow, surprised it's so empty, even with the roads closed. That much more pow for you. Looks awesome. A rare day for sure! Looks great!

planb420

dude, slow down and make a few turns ;-)

First run in powder like that EVER in my life and the excitement was FAR too great...and it was too hard to resist BLASTING through waist deep goodness! However turns were made at the top of gunny, and not to mention the fact that there was only 4 of us so I had plenty of opportunities coming up ;) (also had to blast the bottom portion because as a snowboarder we don't carry sticks to push ourselves around and 3ft isn't easy to push through to lift 1 from gunny! :) )

planb420

[video]http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/video/#!/on-air/as-seen-on/Ski-Report--Feb--15/192162501[/video]

SUP BRAHH!!!! Someone had a super deep Safety Meeting before this LOL