• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown 2013-14 Thread

Greg

Staff member
Just cuz...... lol

Mapnut

Jeff: They're borrowing Mohawk's idea and are waiting for Snowbird to replace their tram so they can buy the old one.

Jimmy: No, the moguls have been stacked and put in the storage shed.

Actually, they turned a couple of them upside down and filled them with dirt, and planted flowers in them next to the sun deck. So you could say they seeded those moguls.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
maybe they should just build bumps into the soil an then the moguls will come naturally.

If you build it, they will bump?

bvibert

Staff member
maybe they should just build bumps into the soil an then the moguls will come naturally.

If you build it, they will bump?

I've thought about that, but I don't know that it would work out. They put down multiple feet of snow, so the earth bumps would be buried by the snowmaking. If you built them big enough to poke through the snow making then you'd ski them down to the dirt pretty quickly.

Domeskier

I've thought about that, but I don't know that it would work out. They put down multiple feet of snow, so the earth bumps would be buried by the snowmaking. If you built them big enough to poke through the snow making then you'd ski them down to the dirt pretty quickly.

They just need to cover them with a layer of snowflex and open the place year round - no need even to put a roof over it!