• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Bump or Bust III - 3/22/09

campgottagopee

The Killington folks were encouraged to come down, that was the reason for the $1000 purse.

$1000.00, ARE YOU SERIOUS??? That's awesome---heck you win ours and you'd get some radom tee shirt, a case of Mt. Dew and a fish tank----skiin' bumps in CT is obviusly where it's at.

Highway Star

The point is you (Mr. top 30 Killington skier) were nowhere to be seen.

I feel the need to respond to this. I have zero interest in skiing flat bumps in CT. I was seen skiing at....suprise, Killington.

Three of the top four in your bump comp were guys that I have skied with on and off for the last five years. They ski bumps waaaaay too much, IMHO, but they are still excellent all around freeskiers. Interestingly, I would say Randy skis much more trees than the other two guys. I have rarely seen them carve a turn, which does bother me a bit. They are some of the guys that I measure myself against, but my skiing style is massively different.....much more GS freeskiing and tight tree skiing. Apples vs. Oranges. Anyway, if you consider these guys are in the top 30 skiers at Killington, I am right up there with them, along with a few other guys. But I could really care less if you believe me or not.....just stating the facts.

Last edited:

powbmps

Thanks for clearing that up. Any pictures of those mogul skis yet?

I feel the need to respond to this. Three of the top four in your bump comp were guys that I have skied with on and off for the last five years. They ski bumps waaaaay too much, IMHO, but they are still excellent all around freeskiers. Interestingly, I would say Randy skis much more trees than the other two guys. I have rarely seen them carve a turn, which does bother me a bit. They are some of the guys that I measure myself against, but my skiing style is massively different.....much more GS freeskiing and tight tree skiing. Apples vs. Oranges. Anyway, if you consider these guys are in the top 30 skiers at Killington, I am right up there with them, along with a few other guys. But I could really care less if you believe me or not.....just stating the facts.

sLoPeS

looked like a great comp guys, way to make it happen and congrats to everyone! i ended up staying in vermont and skiing killington on sunday. was with a friend and we just wanted to go freeski for the day. if saturday turns out to be anything half nice i may try to get over to sundown for one more bump sesh, if not then hopefully ill see some of you on the dirt!

powbmps

Let me correct myself...... Thanks for clearing up the confusion. You, son, are a dick.

ROFLMAO......I feel really bad that all the Killington bumpers showed up and stole your A-zone spotlight....the second place guy and the guy in the green jacket in the 3/4 heat are both Killington regulars.

Riiiiight............
Sorry, I was too busy skiing the angry 4" that Killington picked up yesterday, making the trees actually skiable.

Sounds to me like you had to import talent, otherwise there wouldn't have been much of a comp. At these local comps, a local is supposed to win.....didn't you get the memo?

It should be clear by now that I don't have anything to prove to A-zone. I just think that it's massively hilarious that the "big time" talent is people that I have skied with many times, and am in the same league with. I'd ski with them more often, but they ski way too many bumps, and they aren't following me around in the trees.

I'm nothing of the sort. I just think you guys are pretty dorky, and can't ski.

I was tailgating at Bear with two of those guys the day before. They didn't mention the comp....probably because they know I don't ski bumps. Or maybe they didn't want to admit they were going to ski in CT.

I'd rather not get into the complex social dynamics of the Killington scene with you, it would be way over your head.

I feel the need to respond to this. I have zero interest in skiing flat bumps in CT. I was seen skiing at....suprise, Killington.

Three of the top four in your bump comp were guys that I have skied with on and off for the last five years. They ski bumps waaaaay too much, IMHO, but they are still excellent all around freeskiers. Interestingly, I would say Randy skis much more trees than the other two guys. I have rarely seen them carve a turn, which does bother me a bit. They are some of the guys that I measure myself against, but my skiing style is massively different.....much more GS freeskiing and tight tree skiing. Apples vs. Oranges. Anyway, if you consider these guys are in the top 30 skiers at Killington, I am right up there with them, along with a few other guys. But I could really care less if you believe me or not.....just stating the facts.

Geoff

Anyway, if you consider these guys are in the top 30 skiers at Killington, I am right up there with them, along with a few other guys. But I could really care less if you believe me or not.....just stating the facts.

I don't think Highway Star gets out much at Killington midweek. Even throwing out the instructors, the KMS coaches, and the best of the KMS kids, there are an awful lot of people on the hill who can ski a fast ski bum race course on Wednesday, ski a clean zipper line bump run on Vertigo at speed, and rip through the trees. On the weekend when those people are all working, a boat load more show up.

Geoff

I'd rather not get into the complex social dynamics of the Killington scene with you, it would be way over your head.

I'm dying here.

diaper-personals-site.jpg

powbmps

Alright Geoff, that's more than a little creepy. :blink:

bvibert

Staff member
Riiiiight............

3378234508_7946fb2f26_o.jpg

Sorry, I was too busy skiing the angry 4" that Killington picked up yesterday, making the trees actually skiable.

Apparently your reading comprehension skills are as poor as your skiing and trolling skills, you must be so proud. Find for me where I ever claimed to be the top skier anywhere.

EDIT: sorry, I just realized that I used a word the may be a little big for you, here is an excerpt from the definition to help you understand:

Main Entry:
com·pre·hen·sion Listen to the pronunciation of comprehension
Pronunciation:
\ˌkäm-pri-ˈhen(t)-shən, -prē-\
Function:
noun

1 a: the act or action of grasping with the intellect : understanding

Last edited:

Tyrolean_skier

ROFLMAO......I feel really bad that all the Killington bumpers showed up and stole your A-zone spotlight....the second place guy and the guy in the green jacket in the 3/4 heat are both Killington regulars.

You really love to alienate people. You are so full of yourself that you remind me of the Disembowler - the two of you should get together since you both think you ski better than everyone else. The Killington folks came down because the award was so good. Randy was extremely happy when he won and he was also impressed by the course. Maybe the course is not as steep as OL but it was almost as long and these competitors had to do it without stopping. I skied it before the competition but I did stop a few times on the way down. I give these competitors a lot of credit for even entering the competition. I too ski trees at Killington but I don't brag about it - I'm sure I've skied every tree run that you know of. I am glad you were able to ski those trees on Sunday during and after the mini dump. BTW, I could see some tree runs at Sundown but unfortunately they do not get the natural snow that the resorts in VT get - otherwise, they would have been fun to ski. They looked better maintained than some tree runs at K. I am glad I went to Sundown on Sunday - my son got to compete on a course that was longer than he's used to and I got to meet some very nice people.

Geoff

You really love to alienate people. You are so full of yourself that you remind me of the Disembowler - the two of you should get together since you both think you ski better than everyone else. The Killington folks came down because the award was so good.

Don't forget the "complex social dynamics". I guess they get complex in a hurry when you walk around beating your chest.

Highway Star

I don't think Highway Star gets out much at Killington midweek. Even throwing out the instructors, the KMS coaches, and the best of the KMS kids, there are an awful lot of people on the hill who can ski a fast ski bum race course on Wednesday, ski a clean zipper line bump run on Vertigo at speed, and rip through the trees. On the weekend when those people are all working, a boat load more show up.

I've skied midweek plenty...

powhunter

Few nice pics in todays Hartford courant.....JP and Bart?? on the bottom of the course and another of the big air!! Nice publicity for Sundown!
Steveo

Greg

Staff member

You're right.

o3jeff

So let me get this right, since you ski with the top skiers at Killington, it makes you one of the top skiers too?

I am sure highwaystar stayed up at K yesterday so he could claim to be one of the top 25 skiers there since some of the good skiers came down to CT.