• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Bump or Bust III - 3/22/09

Greg

Staff member
Hey, where's the video on the chicks that ripped at the Sundown Mogul Comp?

I have video of your duel with Robin from the top, but out of respect for the Belsky's I gotta keep that one bottled up until we hear how she is.

I thought you were gonna take your last duel. Where did you end up? 4th?

MogulQueen

I don't need to see myself, I just wanted to make sure that the ladies got their due respect too :)

As for myself, they never dueled for 3rd and 4th, but I did lose to the winner.

Greg

Staff member
I don't need to see myself, I just wanted to make sure that the ladies got their due respect too :)

I gotta hand it to the ladies and the kids. Good turn-out this year!

We'll just call it 3rd then. How's that sound? :lol:

deadheadskier

Staff member
ROFLMAO......I feel really bad that all the Killington bumpers showed up and stole your A-zone spotlight....the second place guy and the guy in the green jacket in the 3/4 heat are both Killington regulars.

Can I borrow your book on how to suck at life? You truly have it mastered.

You didn't show because you would've gotten your ass handed to you by not only the Killington skiers, but by plenty of the Sundown skiers yourself. You know it, hence why you've never shown your face to any 'ski off' or other event. All you do is sit on the internet and boast about how great you are and how others suck.

Seriously, get some help man.

bvibert

Staff member

Our video guy (o3jeff) was being selective due to tape space and battery life. Aside from most of the men's duels he only shot people that he knew. There is some of you, but not too much other women's action, which is a shame because there was some good matchups. Next time I'm gonna have to get a second battery or something, it died as it was before the finals. Of course, next time I'm gonna have to find another videographer, since Jeff will be entering the comp!

Bummer that they didn't have the 3rd/4th place race for the Women, didn't they award a 3rd place prize?

BTW - Nice to see you posting on here!

bvibert

Staff member
What are you trying to figure out a way to drown out all the hootin and hollering from the girl sitting next to us?;-)

Actually that's the best part! I just need to make sure that it's kept somewhat clean, and that no embarrassing comments make it out. ;)

MogulQueen

I'll take it!!

I talked to Ellen today and gave her the low down on the race. I told her the AZers rocked the course. She was so psyched. She said she will come back next year for a follow up visit. She couldn't say enough good things about Sundown and it's hometown crowd. Actually, a lot of people told me that the people at Sundown were so nice and welcoming. You guys are the BEST!

gmcunni

anybody else really sore today? i skied GB for about 3 hours Saturday and 3 hours Sunday (even thought i only took 1 official run). my quads and back are aching like the first day of the season. also hurt my hip, shoulder and neck due to numerous falls yesterday.

MR. evil

anybody else really sore today? i skied GB for about 3 hours Saturday and 3 hours Sunday (even thought i only took 1 official run). my quads and back are aching like the first day of the season. also hurt my hip, shoulder and neck due to numerous falls yesterday.

I am sore, but not as bad as I thought I would be. My knees are mainly bugging me from all the jumps I hit during practice.

2knees

i'm surprisingly fine. i could barely walk after the previous sunday's session and then again after st. pattys day there. those days were warmer and softer then yesterday so you could really just open it up 100%.

bvibert

Staff member

My legs are sore, but not too bad. I took it easy yesterday though. I made 6 or 7 runs before the comp, one qualifier, and one afterwards. My legs were shot at that point, so I opted to chill with the party crowd at the bottom. My legs still haven't fully recovered from the week prior. I skied hard last Sunday, then worked em good again during the Wednesday clinic, just as they were starting to recover. I put in a measly ~2 hours on Friday and my legs were already shot. During the clinic on Wednesday I started (with much thanks to Ellen) to absorb more than I ever have in the past, which really worked out my quads. I guess it's not the absorption that wore me out, but the extension down the back side.. I'm gonna need this week off just to recover. :eek: