• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Moguls.

bvibert

Staff member
anyone have a close up pic of the bumps? i saw a far away shot, couldn't really make anything out.

I've only seen them from the base, at night, so I'm almost in the dark as much as you. :lol:

They looked good from there! :spread:

planb420

Dude suck an egg then choke on it and die....subtle enough for ya....dont come here you'll get drug off into area 51 and never heard from again

Gunny is the only wide trail top to bottom and has a steep pitch non stop. Signature trail of sundown. The bumps ruin it unless you like skiing moguls. Temptor was bumped up last time I was there. Sundown seriously needs to add more trails. Place gets tracked out sooo quick That's really the only advantage mohawk has over them.(trail acerage) Mohawk mows down almost all it's powder which sucks. Sundown is real good at leaving pow and of course nothing better than wide sweeping pow turns on gunny! KEEP THE BUMPS ELSEWHERE. Plenty of room on exhibition near the lift for them

You could easily cut another trail right next to gunny. Have two gunbarrels! Especially consdering the outrageous prices they charge. Mohawk weekly pass is 219 with no blackouts! I'd rather buy a sundown pass due to grooming pow at mohawk. But it's out of my price range.
View attachment 11464

Last edited:

2knees

Actually even Sully will tell you sundown needs more trails. I am not, however, endorsing snowlovers pov or opinion.

and yes, the pole daffy in a hoody with no gloves is meant for laughs

jack97

is gunny bumped t2b? or is it still upper gunny?

powhunter

Just heard they are starting to extend them tonight and will be T2B by midweek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deadheadskier

Staff member
You think I'm going to defend the actions of the staff of this forum to you of all people Gilligan? Seriously?

:lol:

bvibert

Staff member
Just heard they are starting to extend them tonight and will be T2B by midweek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The plan was to have them extended down to the first kicker last night. I'm not there this morning so I don't know if that happened. When they're down that far Jarrod is going to build the first kicker/landing area mound. Once the first kickers are in the bumps will be seeded down to the second kicker, they will get built, then the seeding will continue to the bottom. If all goes as planned they should be complete Weds. Now all we need is some sun and warm weather (or fresh snow).

planb420

The plan was to have them extended down to the first kicker last night. I'm not there this morning so I don't know if that happened. When they're down that far Jarrod is going to build the first kicker/landing area mound. Once the first kickers are in the bumps will be seeded down to the second kicker, they will get built, then the seeding will continue to the bottom. If all goes as planned they should be complete Weds. Now all we need is some sun and warm weather (or fresh snow).

Checked Instagram and it looks like Jarrod is pushing snow for KICKERS THIS MORNING, once I finish my safety meeting I shall confirm if I can.