• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Super Bowl Sunday Skiing

johnnyari

Normally I wouldn't think about missing the Superbowl, but I think I've seen too many Manning championships already.

bdfreetuna

I'm thinking Sugarbush for some woodsy skiing. North or South, that is the question..

I'm living off my prepaid VT-5 passes for the moment Scotty. We'll link up this winter! Gore? :D

Kleetus

I'll be at Jay for my first time Saturday and Sunday. Anyone heading up there?

I'm headed up to Owls Head Saturday to use up a voucher and looks like using my Jay voucher on Sunday. If the forecast changes I may switch it up and hit Jay Saturday but looks like the snow will be mainly Saturday night into Sunday. As of now the plan is Jay Sunday.

Bene288

I'm headed up to Owls Head Saturday to use up a voucher and looks like using my Jay voucher on Sunday. If the forecast changes I may switch it up and hit Jay Saturday but looks like the snow will be mainly Saturday night into Sunday. As of now the plan is Jay Sunday.

Sweet! Shoot me a pm if you want to make some turns. I'll give you an honest report Saturday evening.

Krikaya

I skied Cannon a few years ago on SBS but didn't get to the mountain until 10 am because I had to pick up my skis at a shop in North Conway. I was happy for the sharp edges and fresh wax job but the mountain was skied off by 11. I usually ski on Tuesdays and Thursdays to beat the crowds and because I'm poor.

So i've only been on the tram a few times since they don't run it midweek. It opens at 8:15 Sunday so I plan on being there for first tram.

So for those of you that ski weekends: is the tram where everyone goes first thing? Or is it just the hardcore, season pass holders, and insomniacs?

C-Rex

It's looking like I'm going to catch a ride with some friends to Cannon on Sunday. Any AZers should say hello if they see me. Just look for the silly jacket and red hair.

Also, going to Berkshire East tonight and then Mountain Snow tomorrow. Same as above applies.

Puck it

It's looking like I'm going to catch a ride with some friends to Cannon on Sunday. Any AZers should say hello if they see me. Just look for the silly jacket and red hair.

Also, going to Berkshire East tonight and then Mountain Snow tomorrow. Same as above applies.

I ahve seen that silly color at Kton once.

Cannonball

So for those of you that ski weekends: is the tram where everyone goes first thing? Or is it just the hardcore, season pass holders, and insomniacs?

About the tram....

I love the tram. I almost always park there. It has less crowds than the Peabody Base. It opens earlier. It gets you straight to the summit. It offers kick ass top to bottom runs.

BUT!!!... Not everyone loves the tram (including many locals). There are very limit amenities at the base (i.e. No beer). You can buy a lift ticket, but sometimes they can't handle coupons or other special situations. When it's crowded the tram sucks, you can wait in absurd lines and you have no escape. This could easily be the case this Sunday. Some of Cannon's tougher trails bring you back to the tram base, so it's not a great option for beginners.

Again, I am a huge fan of the tram. Just giving fair warning.

Puck it

Skied at Cannon today with JDMRoma. Conditons were good and should be better if we get some snow Saturday night. Wind was blowing things down to ice at the end of the day. Upper Glade still look bony at the exits but the entrances look good. Mitty still not in play unless you do care about your skis. Banshee may be doable.