• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Super Ski Mom -Lucky my kids have one

SkiRay

Did this last year for my wife as a surprise rather than get her a card. Figure I would share here.

Super Ski Mothers tend to there young like a bear mother does to her cubs. My Alicia keeps a close eye on our cubs at all times, passing up skiing with me some times to be sure our younglings, and the other younglings with us are safe and sound. I am the luckiest guy on Earth to have a wife that loves to ski and is a Super Ski Mom.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I had a Super Ski Mom. While it was my Dad's job to find the cheapest ski passes and proper equipment, it was my Mom's job to wake us, make sure we were dressed properly for cold weather and to make sure we didn't buy the lodge cheeseburgers at lunch but instead make us sloppy joe's. She wasn't the best skier (never advanced past a stem christie) but she was a ski advocate. She helped us get to the hill until we were old enough to get there ourselves. She even wrote a ski column for the local newspaper called "Let's Go Skiing". Even after she was all done skiing she always wanted to hear of our adventures, look at our photos and watch our videos. She was always there for us.

Domeskier

Nicely done, SkiRay. I think MRG should considering adapting you wife's parenting strategy at 1:06 to eliminate long waits at the single chair on powder days - everybody double up!

dlague

I ski with a super ski mom too! While three of our four have moved on, we still have one left. She too is the one that gets us moving and makes sure we have the right layers for the day, packs lunch and beverages. She can ski almost anywhere I am wiling to ski and continues to push her self further - I feel lucky! I made her a mothers day video years back when all the kids were still around and it was fun to do. Need to get back to doing that!

SkiRay

Still the luckiest guy around. Happy Mother's Day to all the Super Ski Moms.