• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Supply Chain

Creakyknees

Supply chain problem for ski equipment.

You might find this interesting;;;;

tumbler

Saw the Federal Trade Commission is asking for records from Amazon, Walmart and others to see if they are artificially inflating prices based on bogus supple chain issues. I am also very sick of the phrase

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
The pandemic has exposed weaknesses in the system. The problems have always been there. That being said, companies are always looking for an excuse to raise prices. Its like when there's a report about an oil spill or other disaster that affects the oil industry it immediately raises the price. The price goes up retroactively.

2Planker

Bought 5 Xmas presents on Amazon. No alerts, that nothing was in stock...

Only 1 has shipped. 4 are on back order. Due sometime in January...

Wife bought a new car w/ CA$H. Has to wait 5 weeks... WTF

Hot water heater needs to be replaced. Estimate was 6 months MINUMUM

Last edited:

kingslug

I watch a home improvement channel on you tube..advice..if it says backordered..do not order it. Oh..and EVERYTHING is going to go up in price substantially after the new year.

snoseek

That last one is a potential nightmare

Smellytele

Why would you heat hot water? It’s already hot.😬

deadheadskier

Staff member

Something special about the water heater? Last month I walked into Home Depot, ordered a new one and scheduled an installation in ten days.

As for the vehicle, I ordered my new van for work in August. Delivery expected in February

2Planker

Something special about the water heater? Last month I walked into Home Depot, ordered a new one and scheduled an installation in ten days.

As for the vehicle, I ordered my new van for work in August. Delivery expected in February

Newer Hybrid Tankless.
Microchip processor is delayed in Stuttgart

Last edited:

icecoast1

I had a hot water heater replaced in March the next day. Regular electric 80 gallon.
Same for me, but gas. Place that did mine was a larger company that had a stockpile sitting around. I think you might just get lucky depending on who and when you call.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Same for me, but gas. Place that did mine was a larger company that had a stockpile sitting around. I think you might just get lucky depending on who and when you call.
Yeah, it seems like random things are missing. Last week in Costco they did not have any office chairs. None. They had tons of other things. Go into a supermarket and random kinds of cereal are missing. No rhyme or reason.

I also am suspicious of some price increases. Gas prices in SLC this summer were high--well above the national average. The news looked into it and the producers all said, "it's a trucking problem." That does not make sense considering that we have three refineries within ten miles of downtown SLC.

abc

it seems like random things are missing. Last week in Costco they did not have any office chairs. None. They had tons of other things. Go into a supermarket and random kinds of cereal are missing. No rhyme or reason.
The "rhyme or reason" you don't want to hear is "supply chain issue"! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Killingtime

Was in Vermont two weeks ago looking at new skis and boots. Everyone seemed to have a good supply of boots but the selection of skis was kind of thin. I heard that used skis were going for top dollar as retailers were waiting for new inventory that was ordered months ago.

Smellytele

Was in Vermont two weeks ago looking at new skis and boots. Everyone seemed to have a good supply of boots but the selection of skis was kind of thin. I heard that used skis were going for top dollar as retailers were waiting for new inventory that was ordered months ago.
Skis on line seem to be in good supply.
I never buy this season skis anyway.