• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sweet Spot for Saturday?

eatskisleep

Got to Stratton base at 8:45. Fucking shitshow. Lots full, huge line of traffic waiting to get into Sun Bowl. Bunch of New York plates stuck in lot 1 with no one directing traffic. Massive lines for the shuttles. I forgot how much I fucking hate this place.
You have a BC setup? No crowds, no lines… I too hate resorts lol

ColdRain&Snow

Got to Stratton base at 8:45. Fucking shitshow. Lots full, huge line of traffic waiting to get into Sun Bowl. Bunch of New York plates stuck in lot 1 with no one directing traffic. Massive lines for the shuttles. I forgot how much I fucking hate this place.

I’m now content waiting until Monday :)

KustyTheKlown

Arriving before 8 is the move. Got the best free spot available. Managed to get on an early access gondola. 4 runs with two pristine untouched before open. Big lines now but singles moves quick. Already 13k of pow and trees. Awesome day. Stratton is fine if you play it right. Early arrival is crucial

Keelhauled

You (generic you) may be a poor driver, but at least you're not a "drive shitty RV up Bolton Valley access road in middle of snowstorm--get stuck in middle of snowstorm--abandon shitty RV on side of road overnight--attempt to recover shitty RV in middle of morning rush up mountain--block entire lane above blind corner thereby making the situation much worse for everyone" poor driver.

MidnightJester

First Nor'easter Storm totals from South to North Vermont. Best Snowhunting to all : )~

Mount Snow 24"+
Stratton 24"
Okemo 27"
Killington 22"
Sugarbush 22" +
Mad River Glen 23"
Bolton Valley 14"
Stowe 10" +
Smugglers Notch 14"
Jaypeak 12"+

jimk

You gave one up for Team AZ. :sneaky: Reporting the bad on here is almost as important as reporting the good. Hopefully, your day gets better and you enjoy some great turns.

Zand

Day has improved for sure. Gotta give them credit for opening Solstice early so I didn't have to wait in the hour long bus line. Missed the powder extravaganza but lots of goods out there now. Lines come and go on Ursa and Snowbowl.

skimagic

First Nor'easter Storm totals from South to North Vermont. Best Snowhunting to all : )~

Mount Snow 24"+
Stratton 24"
Okemo 27"
Killington 22"
Sugarbush 22" +
Mad River Glen 23"
Bolton Valley 14"
Stowe 10" +
Smugglers Notch 14"
Jaypeak 1?
Reports from the Berkshires
Jiminy. 7-15
Berkshire East. 12
Catamount 3
Butternut 4
Otis Ridge. 14

Zand

These gapers got no pow legs. It’s ski on now.
I have to admit that only having skied for 2 hours this season before today has NOT helped me do much better than these gapers lol. But I have to laugh at the people who look down something like World Cup which is natural and full of twigs (and otherwise steep soft snow) and talk about how shitty it looks and they can't believe anyone is skiing it.

drjeff

Definitely can confirm that 24" number, if not more, at Mount Snow.

Knee deep on me (and I'm 6'3" before I put my ski boots on and click into my bindings) Heavy stuff, will make a great base!

New Sundance lift definitely helps with the main base area crowds!

Legs are toast after 4.5hrs. Definitely turning more into a soft pack bump fest now. Most trees and naturals are in play. Just have to use some typical early season caution since there is some underbrush occasionally buried under all the snow

Granite1

What did you expect arriving at time after two feet of snow at one of the busiest ski resorts in Vermont?