• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sweet Spot for Saturday?

drjeff

KustyTheKlown

7 hours...impressive in this heavy snow...I lasted 4ish...but I'm 58 so...I'll take it...
Damn good day...
Non stop too. Stopped once to pee and chug a Gatorade for 5 min.

I could have never done this early season, or even late season, before getting serious about the gym every day. It’s amazing the difference. If I did this gym stuff when I was 25 (I’m 37), I would have been fucking shit up

drjeff

Non stop too. Stopped once to pee and chug a Gatorade for 5 min.

I could have never done this early season, or even late season, before getting serious about the gym every day. It’s amazing the difference. If I did this gym stuff when I was 25 (I’m 37), I would have been fucking shit up
Taking care of one's self, could EASILY morph into the numerous COVID discussions on AZ over the last heading on almost 3yrs, for most everyone here, if one OBJECTIVELY looks at things

Last edited:

Zand

Kingslug20

Later on I thought the same thing..everything got hammered into moguls..
Back to the 92's tomorrow

parahelia

Lift (really, electrical) issues marred an otherwise great day at the River.
https://forums.alpinezone.com/threads/2022-12-17-sunday-river.143833/
Unforeseen circumstances have me here another day. No, really. I’m serious. Really!
Mr. Parahelia is up at SR for the weekend and reported that the electrical issues Saturday ended up having a silver lining... lots of people gave up by late morning Saturday. So as additional lifts came online in the afternoon, the lines dissipated and it was still snowing for much of the day.

Sounds like things have been great today - CMP fixed the power issues and all scheduled lifts are running. Trail count has more than doubled; he and younger daughter have been ripping bumps all day. I'm super jealous but someone had to stay in town for older daughter's musical...

Anyone know if the Sun Bowl is scheduled to be open tomorrow at Stratton and if so what time will the lift be open? I usually get to Stratton reasonably early (8:30 ish), but concerned about parking and trying to keep it simple.

Also debating Okemo vs Stratton tomorrow. I'll be at MS on Tuesday so trying to not do MS back to back.

ColdRain&Snow

Anyone know if the Sun Bowl is scheduled to be open tomorrow at Stratton and if so what time will the lift be open? I usually get to Stratton reasonably early (8:30 ish), but concerned about parking and trying to keep it simple.

Also debating Okemo vs Stratton tomorrow. I'll be at MS on Tuesday so trying to not do MS back to back.
Looks like it, their site says 76 trails 8 lifts tomorrow, I’m planning to be there about same time. Not sure what the weekday crowd will be like after the dump, but I parked in the main lot right after thanksgiving. If I can’t park there I’m going to park at the sun bowl.

eatskisleep

I’m surprised (not really) that Black didn’t open this past weekend. Place would have been sweet with all the snow.