• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

T.o.

JimG.

Staff member
tries to commit suicide???? what is this guys deal.

I read an article that he had a bad reaction to pain meds and that doctors were trying to induce vomiting. After thinking about that attractive image, I wondered if it was a suicide attempt. Where did you hear this?

Dallas Cowgirls...America's team?

TO and Fat Tuna do make a nice couple.

2knees

I read an article that he had a bad reaction to pain meds and that doctors were trying to induce vomiting. After thinking about that attractive image, I wondered if it was a suicide attempt. Where did you hear this?

Dallas Cowgirls...America's team?

TO and Fat Tuna do make a nice couple.

ESPN radio, the Mike and Mike show. they read an ap report that said Dallas police asked Owens if he had tried to harm himself, and Owens responded yes.

JimG.

Staff member
ESPN radio, the Mike and Mike show. they read an ap report that said Dallas police asked Owens if he had tried to harm himself, and Owens responded yes.

That guy has some serious problems; now I feel sorry for him.

FRITOLAYGUY

Jim i feel sorry for him as well, but its hard for the public to feel sorry for someone as stuck on himself as he is, all he has been is an idiot for 10yrs and has ruined locker rooms..

JimG.

Staff member
Jim i feel sorry for him as well, but its hard for the public to feel sorry for someone as stuck on himself as he is, all he has been is an idiot for 10yrs and has ruined locker rooms..

Granted...but the penalty of death, even self-imposed, is a bit harsh, don't you agree?

FRITOLAYGUY

Granted...but the penalty of death, even self-imposed, is a bit harsh, don't you agree?

Well of course i agree Jim, im just saying the guy is a basket case, and maybe its just me but it did not surprise me in the least when i read that this morning..

wintersyndrome

There was links to the story on the Drudge Report as reported in the Dallas newspapers on that when asked if he had taken all of the medication in an effort to Hurt Himself T.O. asnwered "yes"...the guys a serious liability for anyone within 50' of him...Dallas, the NFL and the rest of America (that means me too I guess) need to stop paying attention to this guy because its the attention that he craves and lives off of...Glad Im not A Cowboys fan...

Last edited:

Grassi21

Well of course i agree Jim, im just saying the guy is a basket case, and maybe its just me but it did not surprise me in the least when i read that this morning..

I have no intention of commenting on or attacking anyone's opinion on this matter (we are all entitled to our opinions). Nor do I wish to defend or condone anything TO has or has not tried to do to himself. I had a friends who was a phenomenal HS athlete (all-state football and the like). He would have been considered very popular and had many friends. He went off to college and never really found his way. He suffered from depression and I guess in a way some people may have classified him as a "basket case." He took his own life last year. In our circle of friends the sad event has been discussed extensively. But the reality of it is that all of us that consider ourselves well adjusted have no clue what is going in the head of someone who has or is considering suicide. These people need help and guidance not to be judged.

I think something worth talking about is the police report and/or media coverage.

Grassi21

There was links to the story on the Drudge Report as reported in the Dallas newspapers on that when asked if he had taken all of the medication in an effort to Hurt Himself T.O. asnwered "yes"...the guys a serious liability for anyone within 50' of him...Dallas, the NFL and the rest of America (that means me too I guess) need to stop paying attention to this guy because its the attention that he craves and lives off of...Glad Im not A Cowboys fan...

So we should ignore people who contemplate suicide instead of trying to help them?

FRITOLAYGUY

I guess his friend "Etheridge" called 911 because Owens was groggy and lethargic.. At least he or she called somebody.

News Conference 3:15PM ET with TO himself outside the Cowboys practice facility.tune in

bigbog

So we should ignore people who contemplate suicide instead of trying to help them?
If they're making multi-millions of $$$ in a line of business comprised of playing a game.....YES! If they can't get life straight in their brains with millions in their bank accounts.....just let em' go!! ....Although it could very well be the media...continually searching for people like this....that's just as pathetic...I guess I've just Had it with the People Magazine style of media.

Last edited:

John84

If they're making multi-millions of $$$ in a line of business comprised of playing a game.....YES! If they can't get life straight in their brains with millions in their bank accounts.....Let Em' Go!!!!

Depression is a chemical imbalance; the amount of money you have has no effect on your happiness. Money doesn't make you happy. There are so many things wrong with your statement I don't know where to begin.

Grassi21

If they're making multi-millions of $$$ in a line of business comprised of playing a game.....YES! If they can't get life straight in their brains with millions in their bank accounts.....Let Em' Go!!!!

That is a bold statement. I certainly don't agree. All life, human or other, should be respected. The amount of money in ones bank account shouldn't be a factor when you decide if that person is a good candidate for a suicide attempt or not.

Npage148

It should not be the responcibility of the mass media and puplic to get him help if he needs it. Where is he family and friends in his time of need? He seems T.O just keeps making a fool of him self for the public and if thats a cry for help than I really dont have sympathy for him. He has more than 99.9% of the world, does nothing to help anyone and is a jerk in general

Grassi21

It should not be the responcibility of the mass media and puplic to get him help if he needs it. Where is he family and friends in his time of need? He seems T.O just keeps making a fool of him self for the public and if thats a cry for help than I really dont have sympathy for him. He has more than 99.9% of the world, does nothing to help anyone and is a jerk in general

You do have a point. It isn't "our" responsibility to help TO. But hopefully the people around him have a better understanding of what happened this week. The people close to him should be more conscious of his actions and comments and confront him if necessary. Just because his life plays out on a bigger stage than most doesn't mean he can't feel the strain of depression etc. etc.

On another note, TO, much like Bode, doesn't get recognition for things that he does. I believe he just started a charitable organization to help kids suffering from abuse. He even had appearances schedule this week to talk at schools. I think he also tried to sell one of his championship rings to raise money for victims of Katrina. We all do a great job of judging others and seldom look inside ourselves.

PS - I'm not a TO-head or fan. I'm actually a 49er fan and wasn't too happy how he left SF. My defense of TO has more to do with losing a friend to depression.

JimG.

Staff member
Depression is a chemical imbalance; the amount of money you have has no effect on your happiness. Money doesn't make you happy. There are so many things wrong with your statement I don't know where to begin.

For one so young you are wise. Keep thinking this way and you will lead a happy life.

Money is a tool...it pays bills, it pays for stuff. That's it. It won't make you happy if you aren't happy with yourself to begin with. I know more people than I want to who chase money at every turn...and who make themselves miserable in the process.

Last edited:

jack97

Money is a tool...it pays bills, it pays for stuff. That's it. It won't make you happy if you aren't happy with yourself to begin with. I know more people than I want to who chase money at every turn...and who make themselves miserable in the process.
Problem is, TO has enough money to have a "posse". Generally poeple who are interested in TO's money and not concern about TO best interest. Driving home last nite, WEEI was making fun of TO's publicist, she said that TO has 25 million reasons live. Feel sorry for the guy when he attracts theses kind of people.