• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tax time baby

2knees

nice little refund coming my way this year. kinda pumped about that. staying up till 1:00 am doing them last night, not so pumped about.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
:lol: I forget that it's tax time; I did ours 2 months ago. Had to if I wanted to get any financial aid for school next year.

hammer

nice little refund coming my way this year. kinda pumped about that. staying up till 1:00 am doing them last night, not so pumped about.
nice big refund coming my way, according to TaxCut...have not filed yet, think I'm going to check everything by hand to make sure...

hammer

I plan so I pay... I don't like losing potential interest income on money that rightfully belongs to me.
I usually plan so I get a small refund or, at worst, pay if it was a good year for investments...spouse got a new job last year and we wanted to make sure we had enough deducted, so we followed the instructions on the W-4 form. Guess those were a little off...:roll:

In any case, it's not like there would have been much interest income last year...

2knees

i agree, i usually try to cut it as close to even as possible. last year, i owed $11 bucks. this year, i sold some options and took the maximum out in taxes just to be safe.

bvibert

Staff member
I plan so I pay... I don't like losing potential interest income on money that rightfully belongs to me.

If I don't let Uncle Sam hold onto my money then I'll just blow it on stupid little crap I don't need. When I get a nice refund check I can blow it on stupid BIG crap I don't need! :dunce:

WoodCore

Mine are done and will be receiving a nice refund this year. This is the first year that I haven't been scrambling around at the last minute to get them in by the deadline, its actually a nice feeling.

drjeff

Just waiting to get the final numbers from my business accountant - had a slight snafu about classification of employees and retirement plan eligibility to the point where someone who worked 2 days for us last year for a grand total of 12 hours was eligible for receiving retirement benefits :rolleyes: - Then I'll finally have the numbers I need for my personal stuff to see if I'm the recipient of some of the stimulus plan money, or if I need to add more to the "AIG bonus fund" :mad: :rolleyes:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Did my taxes online last Monday, return was deposited in my checking account yesterday, already spent today on airline tickets to Poland. God I love this Internet thingee! :lol:

bvibert

Staff member
Every time I see this thread title I read it quickly and think it says something about taxes on babies. As if they weren't taxing enough! :eek:

I just filed on turbotax..it took me 25 minutes..I used my Visa card to pay the IRS what I owed and an E-check to pay the state..really easy and it saved me money going to the accountant

Geoff

I did the cocktail napkin version of my taxes last August to make sure I didn't have a problem. I had 6 months of real income before going on the dole. I usually owe but it appears that being in a much lower tax bracket has offset my Schedule B income and only having 10% pulled out of my unemployment check. I think I'm getting a small refund on Federal.

Geoff

I just filed on turbotax..it took me 25 minutes..I used my Visa card to pay the IRS what I owed and an E-check to pay the state..really easy and it saved me money going to the accountant

I just use an Excel Spreadsheet and cut & paste the numbers to the 1040 and Schedule A/B PDFs. I've never had particularly complicated taxes. My income all shows up on W-2 and 1099 forms. I've spent the last decade in a state with no state income taxes on earned income. I don't have a mortgage. My property taxes aren't enough to need to itemize deductions.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com

Yep, Turbotax here as well, 8 days and refund deposited in the bank. Did call my accountant first, left a message, he got back to me 4 days later, or one day too late.