• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tenney Mountain

BodeMiller1

They need to rename the chairs. Maybe they mean something maybe they don't butt when you look at a trail map to see where you're going to ski w/ the Fam. You want to feel you're not going to be attacked by Indians.

Take over the old King's Ridge nomenclature and you will go far.

Also Meow

thetrailboss

Staff member
They need to rename the chairs. Maybe they mean something maybe they don't butt when you look at a trail map to see where you're going to ski w/ the Fam. You want to feel you're not going to be attacked by Indians.

Take over the old King's Ridge nomenclature and you will go far.

Also Meow
No idea what the hell you are talking about.........

BodeMiller1

They were from Alice in wonderland (through the looking glass)
Skied there 10 or 20 times. As a kid it's a cross between Highlands and Santa's Village. Lobster Quadral, MADHATTER, JABER SOMETHING. Skied one March with my father on 6 inches of powder. Good food, ...

JDMRoma

I skied there as a kid,... I remember that trail called Jabberwocky. It was different parking at the top of the hill!
Same, Skied there as a kid. skipping school with my older brother and friends. think it was $4.95 mid week for kids. fun times,

BodeMiller1

I think they tried to make snow, butt it was too late. A couple of bad snow years and it was "Off with her head".

thetrailboss

Staff member

A long, long time ago in a land far away... :unsure::coffee::alien::alien::alien::devilish::eek::alien::alien::alien:
I know about King Ridge. I understand that you want the trails renamed. What I don't understand is the portion of your statement where you claim:

That last part makes no sense.

BodeMiller1

Okay, so you agree marketing is important for ski areas. What I'm asking is should the guy at Tenney "update" the trail map?

Do you guys know David Blamped? He went to Plymouth State and was a excellent skier. At any rate, his family would go to Tenney on Sunday afternoons. So I asked him 50 years ago - "Why would you to Tenney when Cannon is right up the road? He said "It's steep".

His father was the one who said they could keep the upper pod at Cannon open until June.

BodeMiller1

I’m even more confused now
Let me dumb it down for the Vermont Set. I KNOW GUIY SKI* GOOD. TENNY GOOD.

I thought Northern Maine was bad and Suncook, NH. Butt, there is a lot of inbreeding in the NEK. When everyone looks the same it's bad. When they have club feet and hands it's a shame. ;)

BodeMiller1

What does this have to do with Tenney? It's far North to count. According to BING AI:

Inbreeding, the production of offspring from closely related individuals, is taboo worldwide due to the high potential for genetic issues and lasting trauma. While it’s incredibly rare in the United States, some states have higher rates of inbreeding. These states include Washington, Oregon, Montana, South Dakota, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Maine1.

Interestingly, Maine has a dark history related to this topic. There’s an unpopulated island off the coast of Maine that hides a tragic chain of events. The residents of Maine accused the islanders of incest, feeble-mindedness, and passing on inferior genetics. This dark history is intertwined with eugenics and political corruption2.

It’s essential to recognize that inbreeding can have severe consequences, including increased risk of genetic diseases and other health issues. While it’s a rare occurrence, understanding its impact helps us appreciate the importance of genetic diversity and healthy family relationships. If you have any more questions or need further information, feel free to ask! 😊

After WWII the study of this kind of stuff petered out. I'm guessing the bad actors in Germany were the cause.